xxxii. Southern Belle

━━ chapter thirty-two
southern belle

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━Annabeth was making Fiona feel better by telling her stories of all the times Percy had been an absolute 'Seaweed Brain', as she called it. They sat together on her bunk with Hazel and Piper amongst them, the girls taking a moment alone together in a ship that seemed to suffocate them with the amount of idiotic teenage boys.

"He does drool in his sleep, doesn't he," Fiona couldn't help the laugh, her hand over her mouth in shock.

Annabeth nodded, chuckling. "He opened his eyes and was just like━" she put on her best Percy impression, "━'Wha...?'" Hazel giggled this time, and Piper smiled. She wrapped an arm around Fiona and bringing her into a side hug.

"That's really accurate," Piper sniggered.

Annabeth nodded to say, I know!

Spending time with them, it made Fiona almost forget everything that had happened in the mess hall with Jason, Leo about Nico. She knew Jason━she knew how cautious he was, how much he had to plan, and then double plan, and triple plan. He grew up in Camp Jupiter, he was shaped into the best Roman demigod the camp wanted. A true son of Jupiter; prince of the sky. He had changed since the last time she saw him. His time at Camp Half-blood had loosened him up, allowed him to make more risky and last-minute choices, but that part of him was still there, fighting against this new side. She was still angry at him, but she understood, because she understood him.

Leo, on the other hand? That was a different story. Maybe it was because he was so loud and obnoxious to the point Fiona was turned off in getting to know him, but he knew how to make her blood boil. They were polar opposites, and they were sure to clash more in the future.

But right now, Fiona was happy to be surrounded by the girls. She barely knew Annabeth and Piper, and yet here they were to make sure her and Hazel were okay. Piper had stood up to them against her boyfriend and best friend. Fiona had never experienced friendship like this from a girl except her sister, maybe because she was always so competitive. But she had changed as well. Competition was still important, but to the point where she locked herself from others? Not so much. It allowed her to chuckle and smile with these Greek heroes, and perhaps feel at peace, like she had been friends with them for ages.

That was until the moment broke away, and Frank burst into her cabin. "Where's Leo?" he gasped. "Take off! Take off!"

All four girls shot to their feet. "Where's Percy?" Fiona asked, worry building up in her stomach. "And Coach Hedge?"

Frank grabbed his knees, doubling over to try and breathe. His clothes were stiff and damp, as if having been washed in pure starch. "On deck. They're fine. We're being followed!"

Fiona pushed past him and took the stairs three at a time, Annabeth, Hazel and Piper right behind her with Frank trailing, still gasping for air. Percy and Hedge lied on the deck, looking exhausted. The faun was missing his shoes, grinning up at the sky and muttering, "Awesome. Awesome."

Rushing past him, Fiona dropped down next to Percy. He was covered in nicks and scratches, as if he had jumped right through a window. He looked pale, tired━exactly like he had back on the island when he had seen Polybotes. Fiona placed the back of her hand against his forehead, and was startled to find it burning. Percy didn't say anything, but he just took her hand away from his forehand and grapsed it weaky to say, Be right with you, as son as the world stops spinning.