You Belong With Me (Finale)

Last chapter :) also make sure to read the end notes!

Amity and Luz immediately leapt away from each other when the words escaped from Boscha's mouth.

Amity jumped up to her feet and stood just inches from Boscha's face, attempting to look hard, but looked more like a flustered mess. She felt her face burning up, she would have punched her if she wasn't so jumpy and embarrassed from being walked in on. Even if her and Luz weren't doing anything bad per say. "We weren't kissing," was all she managed to spit out.

Alexis cleared her throat beside Boscha. Amity didn't know how she didn't notice the blonde haired girl in the doorway along with Boscha. But something about her demeanor made a chill run through Amity's spine.

It wasn't the fact that Alexis was there, having heard what Boscha said. It wasn't because Alexis might have intimidated Amity from time to time. And it definitely wasn't because Amity was just caught in the bathroom with Alexis' girlfriend, even though nothing had gone on. It was because she was shockingly calm, too calm for the scenario. And that frightened Amity and Luz all the more.

Luz jumped up from where she was sitting and stood facing her girlfriend. Alexis seemed to have expected Luz to say something, but nothing came out. Alexis was standing with her arms crossed and her eyebrow raised. Waiting for her to speak first, but nothing coming out from the two.

Luz wrapped her arms behind her back, her hands clasping from behind.

Luz didn't want to say anything now, but she knew if she didn't, she may never.

"We need to talk."

Both Amity and Boscha watched the couple ever so closely. Boscha smiled just shortly after, satisfied with what she assumed was about to happen. Amity was a bit terrified of what may go down, assuming the worst but hoping for the best. But Alexis, she was a different story. After hearing that from Luz, she uncrossed her arms and grabbed a hold of Luz, dragging her past the two and into a room for more privacy.

Amity and Boscha watched as the two walked away and entering a room just a little ways down the hall. Amity trembled in fear as Boscha nudged her friend, wanting to ask the question since she found her.

"So, what were you two about to do?"

"Boscha!"

———

Alexis found one of the many rooms that Boscha kicked open just minutes before that wasn't occupied. She opened the door for the Latina and allowed her to enter first as she held the door open. Luz quickly walked past her and took a seat on the bed, hearing the door close as she looked down at the quilt. She played with the fabric and put all her attention on it. Hoping that the the situation would resolve if she didn't pay her girlfriend any attention.

Just then, she felt the bed shift and looked up to see her girlfriend staring at her with no emotion. Luz had never felt as terrified as she had right now.

Not even when Eda almost got the two arrested for ripping off a few suckers at the flea market. Or that one time her mom found out she was lying to her about attending a camp for an entire summer. This was a different type of fear, this was a type of guilt fear that made Luz more hesitant.

Luz sighed and managed to speak, "I can't do this anymore- I can't be with you and pretend everything is okay."

Alexis expression changed from a neutral expression to now a surprised one. She didn't quite understand why this was happening, just hours after homecoming. Hours after what she considered a perfect night with her perfect girlfriend.