Why Can't You See

yes i based this off the Taylor swift song

Hexside High, where jocks hung out with nerds and dorks dated head cheerleaders. But jocks could be dorks, why can't they?

So what if a certain jock liked to role play as The Good Witch Azura every year at the annual book festival. Even though her girlfriend refused to attend with her.

Said jock didn't care too much, because she had her best friend who was also The Good Witch Azura fan. They would role play as Azura and Hectate, which they loved.

And said Jock loved her best friend. But not the way her best friend loved her.

Said jock is Luz Noceda.

Luz Noceda had become captain of the rugby team after her short start towards the end of her freshman season. Coach loved her so much, he made her starter. Now, with senior year just beginning, Luz managed to keep her spot. Along with Boscha and Skara.

However, Luz had only played to spend more time with Amity, but a broken leg caused Luz's substitution, getting her where she is now. Amity ended up quitting and Luz took her captains spot, well co-captain. Boscha was the other co-captain. Honestly, not surprising as you may think.

Amity was glad for Luz of course, but the athletic fame soon spread, having Luz as a spotlight in the social groups. Luz had every group associating with her, from the band kids to the theater club, eventually, the cheerleading team got to her.

And then Alexis took her bestfriend from her.

You see, Alexis was the head cheerleader, having started off on Varsity her freshman year was quite an advantage. She had blonde hair with a pink streak going right down the middle and the most icy blue eyes.

Her eyeliner was thick and almost always perfect.

Who was Amity kidding, it was always perfect.

Alexis knew that dating a star player was an advantage to her social status, and since Boscha was off the market, she went in for Luz. At least that's what Amity thought. Why else, after not associating with Luz her entire freshman year, had she decided to take a quick interest in her the beginning of their sophomore year?

Amity didn't want to question it, seeing how happy Luz seemed, she didn't want to ruin it. Even if she saw Luz smiling at a girl who she was head over heels for. A girl, who wasn't her.

Amity always found herself dazing off when she would see the two at a lunch table together. She would spot the couple's hands tangled up together. Oh how she wished it was her.

Luz would spot Amity looking and would wave to her. Her letterman jacket making her look even that the more cute in Amity's hazel eyes.

Amity would blush and wave to her quickly.

Then, Alexis would see the blush on Amity's face, like she always did. Alexis would always place the same peck on her girlfriend's lips to aggravate Amity, to which it always did.

Amity growled and turned to look at her salad. Stabbing it with her fork and angrily chomping on it.

Amity jumped when she heard the tray slam on the table, looking up and meeting Boscha's eyes.

"Hey dork, staring at Luz again?" Boscha said with an eyebrow raised. She bit her apple and smirked at the brown haired girl across from her.

Amity tried to fight the blush forming in her cheeks. "Fuck off," she told her friend and crossed her arms. Boscha laughed at Amity and leaned forward. "Come on, Amity. You know I just like messing with you," she said as she took another bite and look around the room.

Boscha spotted her girlfriend and Amity could see her eyes light up.

Boscha scooted and wrapped her girlfriend in a side hug as she took a seat.

"Hi, Willow," Amity said to her friend, smiling at the couple.

"Hi, Amity," Willow said with enthusiasm laced in her voice. Then she turned to Boscha and placed a peck on her cheek.

Boscha blushed as she began to hear a giggle. Amity attempted to cover it up, but Boscha was already glaring. "I'm sorry. But I think it's hilarious how you still get flustered by her after 3 years."

Boscha's face flushed and she quickly began to attempt harden her glare towards Amity. "Sh- shut up-" She could barely get the words out as she felt her face getting hotter by the second.

"Same thing, Boscha," Amity said as she smirked at the pink haired girl. Only getting a groan in return.

Willow pecked her cheek and placed a hand over her girlfriend's, "I think you're cute when you're blushing." To which the comment only managed to add more red to her face.

Amity giggled again and looked back in Luz's direction, noticing the jock was now gone.

"Hey, Mittens," said a voice behind Amity. She could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Hey, Luz," Amity said as she turned around and was met with her high school crush. She could see Luz's white t-shirt underneath her letterman jacket. Along with her blue jeans and white slip on shoes. A daily outfit from Luz Noceda herself.

"So I was thinking, since we haven't done this in a while," the jock began to rub the back of her neck, "maybe we could have an Azura discussion tonight. I ordered the new book and I'm about half ways through. We could discuss theories-" Luz began to ramble, but then was cut off.

"Won't Alexis be, I don't know, upset?" Amity couldn't help but question.

Luz just waved her hand at the silly question, "Of course not. She knows your my best friend and she knows this is our special thing." Luz straightened her posture and smirked in her direction. "So, what do you say?" Luz said with her iconic energetic stance as she awaited an answer.

Amity smiled at her childish antics. No matter how much Luz changed to the public eye social wise, she was still the same old Luz to Amity.

"Of course."