-A Night of Harmony-

(Post Upload Warning: I've just realized there is a lot of errors in this story, I haven't gotten to fixing them yet though, you have been warned, also, I may edit the storyline later, the final bit was a bit rushed...Thank You :) ) 

Lots of misspellings sorry :)

My first one-shot, Harry Potter Yay!! let's go!

Harry POV

Harry closed the door with a soft click, and then sat with his back to the wall, heaving a sigh. 'A Ball! And a date!'  Professor McGonagall had just announced that on Christmas Eve Hogwarts would be hosting the Yule Ball, a ball that was customary for the Triwizard tournament. 

And as a champion, he was required to get a date...and dance.

Both were hard, but he didn't know which was worse, getting a date, or dancing, probably both.

Harry didn't think getting a date would be hard. No, technically if he wanted to he could just pull a 'Hey I'm Harry Potter, the Boy-With-A-Very-Long-Title, want to be my date to the ball?' and unfortunately, it would probably work. 

No, the problem wasn't getting a date; the problem was getting a date that not only he wanted to go with, but they truly wanted to go with him, not because of his fame, but because they liked him as a person. And he couldn't think of one at the moment.

"Goodness, there you are Harry! I've been searching everywhere for you. Where did you go?" 

Scratch that... there was one person who could be all of those things-- always has been. Hermione, the loyal, caring, and extremely smart girl who always had his back, even when he didn't want her to...heck even when she was in a magical coma, she still helped him out...not to mention pretty.

"Er...sorry, McGonagall had to inform me of some requirements for Triwizard champions, like they have to dance, with a date" His facial expression must have been funny because Hermione giggled, and Hermione almost never giggles...well she had been doing it more, and mostly in his presence, it that a sign of something?

"Well, aren't you in a predicament? And it's Professor McGonagall, not McGonagall, she may be strict but we--"

"I know Hermione, show respect to our professors, unless their Snape, in which case this rule does not reply" 

Hermione slapped his arm "Harry! I only said that once! And for your information I was only joking, we should respect all of our professors, no matter how much of a miserable, slimy git they are!" 

Harry gasped "Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger! She would never talk badly about a teacher, It can't be Ron, he can't even make a laughing draught, let alone Polyjuice, who are you!" Harry finished off by chuckling.

Hermione giggled again, seriously why is she doing that...His jokes were funny, but showing signs of laughter and happiness for Hermione Granger was usually carefully hidden smiles and grins, or a small chuckle, yet here she was full out giggling! Not that it was anything bad of course.

"Well, I decided I needed to lighten up a bit, you have been a good influence on me. Harry since I met you I have not only had amazing adventures and wonderful times, but I gained the courage to explore other friendships. I'm a better person because of that, and I wanted to try and open up more" 

"Hermione, that's great, it is, but you don't have to do something just to make me proud, I'm always proud of you, and I like you just how you are, you should choose how to act based on your values and beliefs, not mine" 

Hermione just blushed and continued walking with him.

'This is my chance, don't mess it up!'

"H-Hermione?"