The Holy Tomb:

"So, the Prince and you..." Flayn begins.

Byleth sighs and nods her head, "Yes the Prince and I" she replies.

A wide grin crosses the girl's face, "Are... Going to wed?" she questioned.

Heat rose to Byleth's face and she looked away from her gaze, "Yes... That is correct'' she murmured.

Flayn let out a high-pitched squeal and proceeded to grab Byleth's arm and shake it excitedly, "Oh! I knew it!" she said happily "You and the Prince will make such a lovely couple! Oh! And Lady Rhea will be so pleased!" she hummed.

Yeah, right...

That's what Byleth had thought as well and yet...

Ugh, that didn't matter right now. She won't damper down Flayn's excitement. She simply nodded her head and smiled, "Yes... I'm sure she will be'' she replied.

"This is so exciting!" Flayn hummed "Wait... That means that you will be living in Fhirdiad for now on..." she murmured "How will it work with your duties to the Church?" she asked.

Byleth was silent for a moment, "In all honesty I am not sure" she confessed "Perhaps I won't become Archbishop after all" she said "It seems like too much power for one person to have" she added.

Flayn nodded her head, "Hm, I see what you mean" she murmured "But do you think Lady Rhea will really let another person become Archbishop?" she remarked.

"She can't be the Archbishop forever Flayn" Byleth replied "Eventually she will grow gray and wither away, and someone else will take her place" she concluded.

Flayn was silent for a moment, "I suppose" she murmured "But if not you or Lady Rhea... Then who?" she asked.

Byleth shrugged, "I don't know, my guess would be Seteth since he's the Archbishop's advisor" she said "But who knows who Grandmother will choose in the end" she added.

Flayn nodded, "In any case I am happy for you Byleth" she hummed.

Byleth smiled at the younger girl, "Thank you Flayn".

...

The Holy Tomb...

It wasn't what Byleth expected in all honesty. She wasn't sure what she had expected but she most definitely did not expect to see the throne that Sothis had always sat upon whenever she saw her.

Dimitri walked beside her turning his head at everything, "I didn't expect that the Holy Tomb would be hidden underneath the Monastery" he murmured, "But that is aside from the point" he began "Are you nervous?" he asked.

Yes.

Because she knew that Sothis wasn't going to speak with her, she wouldn't receive this divine revelation that was expected of her.

Sothis had said they were one... But was that even the truth?

"You could say that" Byleth sighed, "I just want it to be over with I suppose" she added.

Dimitri nodded, "Hm, I see" he murmured "Lady Rhea is here as well is that safe?" he asked.

Byleth chuckled softly, "It's fine she's more than capable of protecting herself than one might think" she remarked "I remember when she first trained me in hand-to-hand combat, I was shocked about her strength" she hummed.

A small smile came over Dimitri's face, "Is that right?" he chuckled "I'll bear that in mind". The rest of the walk to the stairs that led up to the throne was in silence.

Grandmother stood at the foot of the stairs, "This is where the goddess and her children were laid to rest" she began then paused for a moment "Do you recognize this throne?" she asked.