Imperial Year 1173 Part Two:

The Imperial year of 1173 was quickly drawing to an end.

Byleth's situation with Miklan hadn't changed much in the following moons after the ball, but at least he didn't think she wasn't working to be a worthy heir to the church of Seiros.

Not that she cared what Miklan thought, he was... A mean boy.

Yes, very mean.

"Byleth" Uncle Seteth's stern voice called out.

"Yes?" Byleth replied and looked at him.

"Focus, what I have to say is important" Seteth sighed "Your Grandmother and I have been discussing you joining the knights recently" he began "You have been showing us your dedication not only to wielding a blade, but to magical prowess as well" he said "And so we think it may be best to start training you within the next couple of years".

Byleth stared at him with wide eyes, in all honesty she never thought that they would actually allow for her to join, "Wait... Why not just tell me then?" she questioned.

"Because, that way you do not lose drive to achieve excellence in these fields" Uncle said "As future Archbishop, you will not be called to action unless it is absolutely dire" he began "It is of the utmost importance that you are able to fight not only for yourself but the good of the church of Seiros" he added "Do you understand?"

Byleth nodded her head, she knew her duty to the church "Of course Uncle" she said "I won't let you or Grandmother down".

Seteth smiled, "Good, you're dismissed now Byleth" Uncle concluded and Byleth stood up and left from his office.

The Knights of Seiros...

Byleth had always wanted the chance to join them, when Grandmother and Seteth teased the idea over the years she never believed that they would actually allow for her to join.

"Ah! Byleth!" Flayn voice called out from behind her as she climbed down the stairs leading to the first floor of the monastery.

"Yes?" she replied and continued down the stairs and only stopping once she reached the bottom.

Flayn rushed down, "You could have waited for me" she huffed out.

Byleth shrugged "It's easier this way" she said "What's up?".

Flayn smiled, "Lady Rhea told me what my Brother was telling you" she said "So, you are to join the rank of knights" she hummed.

Byleth smiled softly "Not for a few more years" she said.

Flayn giggled, "Oh that is only a minor detail" she said "I can't believe that they are actually allowing you to" she added.

"Me neither" Byleth replied "It will certainly be a learning experience" she said excitedly.

"A knight?" someone called out from behind them.

Flayn jumped up in surprise, Byleth remained calm and faced the intruder.

"Ah, mister Gautier" Byleth said "To what do we owe the pleasure of this conversation?".

"You're going to be a knight?" Miklan repeated.

Byleth nodded, "That is the plan" she said.

Miklan furrowed his eyebrows, "But that doesn't make sense, you will be archbishop why dirty your hands with battle" he said.

Flayn shifted awkwardly, "You know Lady Rhea is actually really skilled in the art of combat, right?" she questioned.

Byleth stared at her, she did not know that.