/ RECORD 14 /

Puro was the first one to speak.

< "...So... That mean doctor is out of the way, what do we do now?"
{ "...Well, me and Colin were heading out of this place... Well, not really, I've got to... but I don't think I.... Nngh! I don't know what to do..."
The wolf tilted their head. < "...What's the matter?"

I stood up and began to walk from a side to the room to the other while rambling.

{ "Alright, my girl was killed by one of those creatures and there is apparently one way to bring her back, but the only tape telling me how to do so was jammed by one of these white trashbags, my original goal was to talk to one of those doctors, but they're all going for my head because of the slim chance I could be infected with the fucking HISEV. I have nowhere to go in this country and I don't speak Japanese, so my only hopes in surviving is to bring back Mizuko from the dead, and guess WHAT? THE STAFF HERE WANT TO KILL ME AS WELL!" 

( "Jonzes, calm down..."
< "Wasn't he called Jonzu—"
{ "—KEN! GET IT RIGHT!"

I sat on my knees and took a moment to calm myself down. Colin walked towards me, but I gestured him to stop and go away.

{ "...Sorry, I'm really tired from this all..."
( "It's okay, Jo... Ken, take it lightly..."
{ "How am I gonna take things lightly in the middle of a nightmare?"
( "...By being happy that we're still alive and that there's nothing underway to attack us."
{ "For you, staying alive is the goal, for me, it's merely the means..."

( "...You do miss her a lot..."
{ "...Let's not talk about that..."
( "Anyways, as I was saying... Be happy that we're safe and sound."
< "Yes! Even if someone nasty comes to attack you, I'll be around to help!"
{ "...Thanks a lot, but... it doesn't mean anything if I've got no way to make her return..."

At that moment, I remembered something, the reason I returned from the balcony to begin with. All of this nonsense caused me to forget this very crucial piece of information.

{ "...Holy shit, Colin, I forgot!"
( "You forgot what?"
{ "There's two employees underway! We gotta get out of here!"
( "...What?!"
< "I'll protect you, then!"
{ "I really wouldn't risk it if I were you, one hit from those darts and you're out!"
< "...Well, any other ideas, then?"
{ "Where do we introduce the keycard you gave to Colin?"

Puro stood up. < "Over here, follow me!"

And so, Puro lead us through the balcony, back to the room with the "MOON" poster, it took us a while to get there, and immediately after entering the room I noticed a door located at our right. Instead of a digit keypad, it had a horizontal slit alongside a print of a keycard and an arrow signaling it. Colin was asked to introduce the keycard to open the door, the next room being a tidy room with a large window revealing a better view of the city and some emergency stairs which seemed to reach further than what the windows allowed to view. I took a while to gaze the outside, and so did Colin and Puro, the latter was the most captivated of us all, pressing their head against the window and everything.

< "I'd love to see this 'city' myself..."

Colin and I gave some time for Puro to stop gazing before trying to open the door, but as I gestured to open it, I realized the fact that the device connected to it was locked.

{ "Dammit, what now?"
< "...Maybe we can try another route!"
( "...There's another route...?"
< "Of course! I can lead the wa..."

Then Puro's ears raised as we heard both the speakers turn on and the door behind us click.

# "You're not going anywhere."

From the staircase rose the figure of a tall man wearing a lab coat, dusting himself off as he spoke directly to a tablet, the noise muffled by a gas mask they were wearing.

# "As you may already know, I sent two of my employees to stop you for once, one of them being a very fine adquaintance of mine—"
{ "Shut the fucking fancy talk and get to the point!"

The doctor froze and glared directly at me. His stare was unamused, cold, strict, and devoid of any sympathy whatsoever. Knight may have been able to scare me because of being flat out insane, but there's nothing as chilling as seeing a creature from your own species antagonizing you.

< "What do you want, Mean Doctor?!"

The doctor pulled out a gun and extended his hands into his pocket, stuffing not just 3, but eight orange-stripped bullets into the gun, gesturing in a way that it was very clear to see just what kind of capsules he was loading to that gun: The same stripped bullets the maintenance crew had in order to put me and Colin down. Had I not wasted the bullet the crew gave me, I would have pulled my gun at that moment and shot him. I was tempting to try charge at him, I was really tempted to try throw that window down and grab the guy in a fisticuff duel, but... the fact that he was human avoided me from actually trying.

# "It's been a hobby of mine to practice shooting, you know... If I'm really as skilled as I think I am, it should only take me around four bullets."

The doctor pointed his gun directly to my head.

# "...As I said before, sayonara."