Chapter 2

It had been a few days since you moved to Korea and you had finally settled into your new apartment. You had a job interview in the city later in the afternoon, so you decided to meet up with your niece for an early lunch before then.

You got off the bus at your stop and pulled your glasses down to cover your eyes. You gripped tightly to your suit jacket as a gentle breeze brushed past you. You looked up at the skyline, taking it in. It's not New York but it's still beautiful, you thought to yourself as you walked along the path. You aimlessly walked down the sidewalk before you decided to check your map to make sure you hadn't passed the building. 3 more kilometers, it read. In no time, you were in front of the address Aria had texted. You looked at the sign on the building.

"SM Entertainment", you said to yourself. You dialed your goddaughter as you climbed the stairs to the front of the building.

"Oh, Aunty! Are you here?" she said excitedly.

"Hmm, I just arrived out front". You paused at the door with your hand on the door handle.

"Let me grab my things and I'll be down in a minute."

"Okay!" you said before hanging up. You tucked your phone into your jacket pocket and proceeded to open the door when somebody on the other side pushed it open at the same time. You fell on your bottom and dropped your bag, causing everything to spill out.

"Let me help you," the man said, crouching down next to you. Your hands briskly touched and your heart skipped a beat.

"I-I'm sorry about that," you apologized, scrambling to pick up your belongings.

"I'm not," the man said, handing you some lip gloss that fell out of your bag. He grinned at you as he tucked his hands into his pocket, taking small steps backwards. You swung your purse back over your shoulder and removed your glasses from your face, revealing your face. He gasped softly as you sudden revealed your face.

"I'm Kun," he said, extending his arm out towards you. Hesitantly, you shook his hand.

"I'm y/n," you responded, quickly retracting your hand. Your cheeks started to feel hot and you were hoping he didn't notice you blushing. "I'm sorry about that, again."

"Don't be. I'm the one who hit you with the door," he joked. You chucked to yourself as you two stood in front of the door. You both stood there in awkward silence until Aria showed up.

"Aunty y/n!" she shrieked, running to you. She jumped into your arms, nearly knocking you over.

"Aria dear, you can't do that anymore, you're too big for Aunty," you said, placing her on her feet. She flashed a smile at you before Kun caught her attention. She quickly bowed.

"Oh, sunbae! Hello," she said.

"Hi Aria. This is your aunty?" he asked, flicking an eyebrow towards you.

"Yes, she just moved here. We were going to go get lunch before the next rehearsal started. Do you think that's okay?" she sheepishly asked.

"Of course, it's your break. Eat well," he said to her. He bowed to her as Aria bowed back. "I'll be seeing you around?" he said, before walking past you. You saw a smug smile creep onto his face, forcing a scoff out of you.

"Isn't he so nice?! C'mon Aunty y/n. Let's go eat something delicious," Aria cheered, pulling you along.

He's quite something, you thought to yourself following your goddaughter down the sidewalk.