Chapter 4

The night before the concert, Aria, Ara and Jia slept over at your apartment with permission from the company. The salty aroma of buttered popcorn lingered in the air as the girls' laughter echoed off of the walls.

"I think the best part of the movie is when the fairy godmother turns Cinderella into a princess," Jia said.

"Are you kidding, it's definitely the part where the step-sisters' feet can't fit into the glass slipper," Aria argued.

"No no. It's definitely when they kissed and lived happily ever after," Ara sing-songed, looking off into the distance. Jia and Aria playfully hit her with pillows, starting a pillow fight in your cramped living room. The girls giggled and ran around before plopping themselves on the couch next to you.

"Don't tire yourselves too much. You have a big day tomorrow," you said, caressing Aria's head. The girls pulled blankets over them, making themselves comfortable for sleep.

"Aunty y/n. I know we're a little too old for bedtime stories, but you wrote some really awesome fairytales. Can you tell us one?" Aria said, looking up at you. You gazed down lovingly at her with a smile and nodded your head.

"Of course," you said. You cleared your throat and began, "Once upon a time..."

***

>>The Next Day<<

The girls hurried off to a separate room in the back of the waiting room to change into their costumes. You sat on the couch in the midst of the bustling room and scrolled through your phone. You felt the weight of the couch shift as somebody sat next to you.

"Hello again, y/n," Kun said. His hair was combed back, revealing his face which you found rather attractive.

"Oh, hello, Kun. Are you ready for the big showcase?"

"As ready as ever," he said, nodding his head. You smiled and nodded your head as well, putting your phone screen-down in your lap. Despite the room being crowded of people, rushing around to get the last minute details down, an awkward silence hung around you and Kun as you two sat there on the couch. Kun coughed to clear his throat, startling you.

"I don't mean to sound frank, but are you seeing anybody?" He asked with a look of hesitation on his face. You blankly looked at him, stunned by the sudden question.

"I-I... Uh... No. I'm not seeing anybody," you manage to see. Kun smiled down at his hands before standing up.

"That's good to know," he said. He flashed a smile before heading to the front of the room to have a manager help him with his mic. Just then the girls came out of the dressing room in their costumes and did a few twirls in front of you to show them off.

"Wow, you guys look so cool!" You said, smiling brightly at you. The girls all wore shining smiles as they stood before you. "Break a leg, fighting!" You said, as the girls followed the boys to the stage.

You gave Ara and Jia each a hug before they climbed into the company van. You bent down to kiss Aria on the forehead.

"Text me when you're free okay?" You said, pinching her cheek. She grinned and nodded her head. You caressed her still-greased back hair before pulling her into a hug. As you pulled away, Aria handed you a note.

"Sunbae Kun told me not to give you this," she said, before getting into the van. You closed the door after she was buckled up and waved to them as they drove off. As you walked to the bus stop, you opened the note.

Can I take you on a date? Don't worry, I'll have you home before the clock strikes 12. -Kun