CHAPTER 1

Hi, guys! This is my first fanfiction for this fandom. I have watched and forgot about this anime for a long time but one day, when I was lazing during my day off, I was scrolling the list of anime series and that's when I binged on watching this anime again. I ended up too attached with Gino and his character development (that was unexpected since I was a fan of Kougami) so ideas for Psycho-pass fanfictions naturally came up. Just to clarify; the plot for this story is mainly taken from season 1 but there will be differences and might be taken from other seasons and the movie as well. You will see what are the differences the moment you read this chapter. Last but not least, English is not my first language so I am sorry for any mistake ><

CHAPTER 1

He should know it from the moment she said she could get along with the enforcers.

He should know it the moment he arrogantly said that the wise should learn from history while the fools would learn from their experiences.

Because at the end of the day, it was him who had his hue turned too cloudy to the point of it could not recover. It was him who turned out to be the fool who learned from his experiences with the worst way possible.

What could be worst than the fact that your own father who you spent your whole youth by hating him, turned out to be your saviour before he let out a last breath?

Just like Matsuoka Tomomi said, Ginoza was his son before he was his inspector. It was bound for the veteran to prioritize his son's life first before obeying his inspector's order to catch Makishima. With a smile on his dead body, dying for his only son was the best moment ever for him.

But not for the son, Ginoza.

He still remembered the moment clearly even whenever his mind dared to recall the day, the alarm in his ward would be deafening, notifying all the therapists that his Psycho-Pass was in danger.

That the last memory of his father had always driven him insane.

Which was insulting since Masaoka's sacrifice for him was supposed to be the stepping stone for him to live his new life and move on. It was unfolded from how desperate the old man was as he protected Ginoza until his last breath.

"Sorry, Gino-san. We lost that Makishima," Kagari had to inform the bad news from his communicator in a situation like this. As if the fact that Kougami and Kagari suddenly saw the glimpse of Makishima and immediately stormed out of their sight was not unpleasant enough.

"What? What the hell are you doing!? You ran out of our sight so sudden and that's what you had to inform us!?" he said. His voice echoed in the laboratory.

"Look, we're trying, Gino-san! It's not like we ran because we wanted to escape..."

"No matter what, you guys are still latent criminals! I have to take the precautions so that..."

"Hey, Nobuchika. Calm down, won't you?" Masaoka rested his hand on Ginoza's shoulder but was immediately dodged. Instead, Ginoza's green eyes were still piercing Kagari's from the communicator. His anger was tested more when there was no sign of apology from the enforcer for acting recklessly without his approval.

Instead, Kagari was staring back at him. With how tight and straight-lined his lip turned into, he mentally challenging Ginoza to insult him directly instead of using textbook words to conceal the fact that he always looked down on latent criminals.

"Come back to us this instant!"

"Ginoza-san..."

He lifted his head from the communicator, only to find a certain pair of stern brown eyes stared at him with disapproval. Akane's face and whole demeanour were generally not intimidating on daily basis but with how soft but determined her voice was and the way she was standing on her spot while holding a dominator, she looked like a different person.