CHAPTER 3

The new case in this chapter was taken from KDrama, Criminal Minds. And also, I made up Mika's parents' names and Kougami's family background because I couldn't find them anywhere. Feel free to notify me if you know the information for these two.

CHAPTER 3

Freshly starting the morning as an inspector of MWPSB, Mika's brand-new life began. After observing how different she was with her uniform, her brown eyes turned to her long hair which was pulled into a loose bun.

At this moment, apart from the late Kagami and Yoshika, her mind was clouded with those officers who had left a great impression on her. It was when her friends' murder case was still under investigation that two of them caught her interest and inspired her.

The first one was an inspector who was most probably the leader of their team since he was in charge of the rest at that time. He was a strict man who did not tolerate any clumsiness or silly mistakes from his underlings but for her, he was charismatic and charming.

The second one was a female enforcer who had comforted her when Kagami's and Yoshika's mutilated bodies were first discovered. Her advice of Mika should cry to save her Psycho-Pass from being clouded was the reason why she had grown stronger after that. It was good to cry but she should not mourn her friends' death for too long.

It was the time for her to show the sick criminal who would win this war at the end of the day.

But, I will report to Inspector Tsunemori Akane. I wonder what kind of senior she is...

Mika walked out of her room, going straight to downstairs. As expected, her parents were already at the dining table. Her father, Shimotsuki Hideji, an officer from Ministry of Economy was leisurely drinking his tea while reading an online newspaper from his tablet. Her mother, Mari was serving a plate of rice for each of them as bright as she usually was. Judging from how 'festive' the table had become with white rice, natto, fried egg and other side dishes, Mari could not care less to celebrate her only child's success way too open even it did not gain approval from her pessimistic husband.

"Ah, my daughter is here," Mari's brown eyes shone so bright as she turned and saw her daughter, all neatly dressed up. Mika might consider pulling an overdramatic reaction which was as energetic as her mother had her father not been so uptight in the morning. Come, come. Let me see you closer."

Mika put her handbag on the table before slowly approaching her smiling mother. Glancing nervously at her father even she had always argued with him about her life in general, Mika almost missed how proud her mother looked as she scanned her appearance.

"As expected, my daughter is always beautiful no matter what kind of outfit she puts on!"

"She has chosen her own path so she has to be at least presentable in front of us," Hideji remarked, still glued his eyes on his tablet even the daughter of the house was convinced that the old man was ready from the start to emit his sarcasm around the house. "To prove us that we're wrong."

"Dad, please. I thought we're done talking about this," still in Mari's loose embrace, she added, "Sybil system had decided that I am cut out for this job."

"Sybil system also decided that there are other job aptitudes for an excellent student like you," this time her father put down the tablet, staring seriously at her. He could not care less with how solemn their breakfast moment would be when all he wanted was to push his opinion into Mika.

"The employment standard for this job is high, Dad. I don't have a choice but to be excellent."

"That means you chose to be a police officer right from the start. So, what's the use of us sending you to Oso Academy if you decided to choose a way different path? We sent you to the school because we want to see your Psycho-Pass stay clear but now, you're working for a job that will make your Hue cloud easily. Are you out of your mind, Shimotsuki Mika?"