CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

"Hey, listen to me seriously," a short haired-girl exclaimed. Her frame hunched awkwardly at her friend's table. "Mika!"

The girl who was sitting at her table, Mika did not really bother to respond at that time because she already had something in her mind rather than wasting her time by being anxious. She already knew what Kagami was going to say anyway so her eyes were busy scanning the notes on her tablet.

"I am, Kagami."

"I mean Yoshika... she has been absent from school since yesterday. And Masami Yamaguchi too... don't you think there is definitely..."

"Yes, it's strange," Mika said, putting down her tablet before shifting slightly towards Kagami's direction. "But, still, I doubt they will let us know anything disturbing like that. After all, this school is designated to keep girls in our ages in conservative environment so that we can maintain our Psycho-Pass. Of course, things are also strange with how the new art instructor with his questionable background can work here. I believe there are things that the teachers decided to sweep under the rug. They need to keep up appearances in front of our parents too."

Mika had always been different. She was opinionated and too sharp for her age. Kagami always ended up learning more about the school's secrets which Mika knew from who-knows-where.

"That's... that's scary," Kagami exclaimed, straightening her frame. "Mika, you sure know a lot about our school. If you keep talking like that, maybe you should be a detective one day."

Mika chuckled. "Yeah, maybe I should. Apart from classes, I am too interested in digging deep into this school's secret," she said. She ended up sighing heavily as Kagami was still staring at her, hoping for more satisfying answers or guesses. "Oryo Rikako."

"What?"

"Why don't you try asking her? Yoshika has always been a big fan of her, right? Maybe she knows something."

Kagami was contemplating. "Are you sure I should ask her? I mean... she is Oryo Rikako, you know."

"She's just Oryo Rikako, Kagami. She's a student in the same academy with us. It's not like she's like a God sending from heaven or something," Mika said, rolling her eyes at Kagami's soon-to-be overdramatic reaction. "Honestly, until now I still can't figure out why she's so popular."

"That's mean, Mika. Of course, she's popular. She's smart, beautiful, has a great personality and..."

"A great personality? You never talk properly with her."

"Okay, then. I will go and talk to her properly and let you know how she's a great person and the reason why you should be inspired by her as well, Mika."

"We'll see."

They would see what them found about Rikako in a gruesome way.

Kagami wanted to prove Mika that Oryo Rikako was inspiring but ended up being the next victim who was dismembered and used as a monument.

As for Mika, what she found about the goddess of their school did not make her cringing this time.

Rather, it caused the drastically miserable turn of events in her life. Her instinct of being scared of Rikako's emotionless eyes was actually the sign that she should keep her friends away from that senior or theirs. Rikako was someone with a very cloudy Psycho-Pass. She was a psychotic murderer who had this insane addiction to turn her victims into her artworks.

It was incomprehensible for Mika who grew in a normal childhood and a family with mental beauty. Her life was smooth and her intelligence would give her a promising future but it just took one ridiculously shared fate with Rikako and...