Chapter *4

Enjoy.

By the evening, everyone except the family upstairs was relaxed and enjoying themselves.

John looked down the hallway at the door. "What is taking those bimbos so long to fix a window?"

"I suspect they have a secret thing going on," Dawn laughed along with the others.

"Well, Dawn, your suspicions have been proven."

Everyone's laughter came to a complete halt as they heard banging coming from the other side of the hallway. Everyone except Elijah and Adira were paying attention to the front door. They all looked at each other before Harry and John got up and started walking towards the door. John looked through the peephole but saw nothing. The banging sounded again, except now it was coming from the room instead of outside. John stood up straight before relaxing a little, looking back at John and laughing.

"Do they think we're that stupid?" John asked Harry, who shook his head.

John returned his knife to his back pocket and opened the door carelessly, with Harry right behind him. They were not prepared for what was behind the door.

The door swung open and out came Bill, taking a few steps towards them before sinking his teeth into John's neck and shoulder. John let out a scream while Harry gasped and fell backwards, hitting the bathroom door knob and causing the bathroom door to open. There, Dan came down on him and started chewing off his face. Harry let out a scream as well, his legs kicking rapidly. Dawn and Elijah came running immediately and saw two of their men feeding on the other two.

Dawn quickly pushed Bill off of John and tackled him into the room. The struggle between the two caught Dan's attention. Elijah saw Dan getting up and quickly pushed him into the bathroom and closed the door. Elijah let out a sigh, but soon jumped in fear as Harry took hold of his ankle. Elijah kicked Harry off, and as if on cue, Dawn stomped on his head, smashing it until he was unidentifiable.

"You okay, son?" Dawn asked, looking at Elijah, who was pressed against the bathroom door.

"Yeah, fine. Thanks." Elijah was surprised that he was still able to speak without stammering.

"Where's the girl?" He questioned.

They searched the house, and on the second floor they saw a shadow run from the staircase to the loft. They both looked at each other before running up the stairs. Elijah ran to the back bedrooms with Dawn a few steps behind. There was a groaning noise, causing Elijah to turn around, only to be met by the sight of Dawn being kicked down the stairs with blood flowing from a wound in his stomach. He paused and looked up at the boy, who was staring back at him. Elijah turned around and ran towards the bedrooms again. He opened Taylor's bedroom, only to be tackled to the floor by Bob. He let out a scream as he watched Bob snarl and try to bite him. He closed his eyes, trying his best to keep Bob's mouth away from his skin. Soon, the weight was lifted off his arms, and when he opened his eyes again, he saw that Bob's face was being smashed into the wall next to him, and then a pocket knife was thrust into his head. He looked up to see Adira pulling out the blade and standing up straight, next to a tall thin man who was glaring down at him.

Elijah stayed where he was, frozen in shock. Adira took hold of his arm and lifted him up to his feet, dragging him down the stairs with the boy following in pursuit. They entered the living room as she sat Elijah at the table.

"So, what are we going to do now?" The boy asked.

"I've helped you," Elijah spoke up.

"Eating our food is not helping," Adira responded. "Where's Steve?"