Chapter 2

So there are quite a lot of characters in this chapter, thus the reason for this somewhat family three, please take a look at it before continuing. 

Denia is the older sibling of Tony and the twins, Lilly and Lola.

Jackson, older brother of Pete  and Jenna 

Micky father of  Vicky and Sofi. Vicky is paired with Jace and they have a little boy

Max is Tina's older brother. 

Jay is the father of Dana who is mated to Laurenson. Dana is currently pregnant.

Marie has no blood relation to any of the other members.

......

Chief was the title given to the strongest of the strong in a tribe of shifters. The ceremony of the strong was called the chief selection. Candidates would have to endure through many harsh and ruthless trials and tribulations before taking their position of chief through combat amongst surviving candidates.

And the winner would have the honor to rule and lead the tribe.

Because the winner of this ceremony was often an alpha, the name Chief was first replaced by Chief alpha and then was further changed to Alpha.

A chief was burdened with the protection, leadership, and prosperity of the tribe. But they enjoyed wealth in the form of gold, food, and respect.

A chief can have many women, but only the luna could rule at his side.

Though the adversities of the luna were not as brutal and bloody as those of the chief. The luna selection ceremonies were designed in order to select the best partner suited to support the rule of the chief. To command in his absence and sit at his side in the room of councils. The luna was also one of the few able to object and disobey the chief's orders should the chief ever go against the honor, pride, and wellbeing of the tribe.

But over the years, this tradition gave way to convenience. Ceremonies were lost and the position of Chief, once a title bathed in the blood of the strong, became a heritage from father to son. And the luna, once a title of grace, strength, loyalty, and dedication to the tribe.

Became the proof of love and dedication of the ruling Alpha.

The tribes who still practice the ways of the old were few and often seen as barbaric and backward in the eyes of the more common modern tribes.

However, every so often for reasons that were too complex to describe. An otherwise modern tribe of shifters would dig deep into the archives of their history and host a Chief and or Luna selection ceremony.

This time, Crystal Waters, a tribe whose outskirts temporarily housed a group of 18 rogues, was planning to host the Luna selections.

Most importantly, they were inviting any eligible females from both within and outside of their pack to participate.

Of course, if the winner of the selection was originally from outside the tribe, she would have to renounce any loyalty to her natal tribe. However, she could bring with her up to 20 members of her friends and family with her, if they too are willing to renounce any and all connection to their former tribe.

Because this was no different than cutting ties and the disowning of an entire tribe. Even if the invitation was said to be open to all. No right-minded female would dare to openly disrespect their natal pack by attempting to enter another. That is, not without the approval of their pack hierarchy.

However, these complex political problems did not apply to the group of rogues sitting around a burning fire.

Before the sun had descended and the moon began to rise in the distant sky. Camp had been fully set up. Large old logs and stone had been placed in the center of the pasture surrounding a pit.