Chapter 3

"You are thin, unkempt, and rowdy" With the light of the rising sun behind them. The four young women stood in a straight line as Max lashed at them with his words. "Individual you all are a mess. Compared to tribal women you all fall short" He continued as he walked from one end of their short line to the other, his hands held behind his back.

"You'd already be mated and a father if only you knew how to talk to a woman." Tina bared her teeth and glared her duo-colored eyes at her brother's slander.

"Not like there are any women around to practice with." Max didn't miss a beat as he shot back a response.

"What he means is." Jackson interjected before the siblings could get into a spat."Divided you will lose, but together you have a chance."

The girls nodded.

Max regained his calm and continued to speak. "During the selection, you'll have to work together to make it through the trials."

"And if we can't?" Tina once again spoke out. Max ignored her comment.

"We won't have enough time to fix your weakness. So we can only reinforce your strengths while slowly hiding away your flaws" He pointed at one of the young women than another.

"Tina and Sofi's calm observation, sharp minds, and blunt arguments." He pointed at another young woman. "Jenna's wild nature, speed, and strength." Finally, he pointed at the last of the women. "And Denia affiliation and endurance. These are your strengths. And for the next 6 weeks and 4 days, you will enhance them "

"As for your weaknesses." Max gestured to the rest of their pack, who was standing in a group opposite of the young women. " We will help you hide them."

Denia, as well as the rest of the girls, dragged her eyes along the group. Some of them were smiling gently, some had defeated grins plastered on their lips and displeased eyes. Some, still had yesterday's frowns buried twice as deep on their scrolling mugs.

But they were where all present and their strong and solid stance spoke of their willingness to aid the girls in any way they could.

Denia couldn't help but ball her hands into tight fists. No matter what she hinted at last night. Deep down, she knew that she could not pull this off alone. And honestly, she would not want to succeed if it meant that she would leave her Uncles, aunts, brothers, and sisters behind. But she also knew that as the head of her own little family, the survival of her blood came first.

They all understood this, thus, today, though there were those who were unhappy. None of them blamed her for her words and decisions.

Denia bowed her head. She was grateful.

"No time to relax" Max's voice brought her back into the present. "Before the day is up, we'll make you hate us."

After the initial speech. Each of the men took the time to explain when and how there would be helping the girls train. From morning exercises, tracking classes, hunting classes to self-defense, and simple combat moves.

Though the wolves gave them the when in where. They didn't know the 'what' of Luna selection and they could only cover all of the basics.

"As for your looks," After the men gave their schedule it was Danna and Vicky's turn to explain their role. "We have prepared a diet that would fatten you up a bit and a facial and hair regime that will clear your skin and detangle your hair."

As rogues, the scariest time of the year was winter. Few prey wandered around in the cold. And the men would have to spend the time in the wolf forme huddling around the women to keep warm.