Chapter 1

Hayami's POV:

"Hayami, your shift's done,Thanks for covering for Chishiya" , "No prob chief" i said. I just finished 2 consecutive 12 hour shifts, I haven't ate nor have I slept properly for the past 2 months cause chishiyas ass just decided to bail off the hospital without telling anyone, EVEN ME. That bitch.

I took off my hospital scrubs and packed my things to go home. I checked the time and it was 3 in the afternoon "great" i sighed, thinking about all the rest i could've had if it weren't for chishiyas ass. I stamped out of the hospital and started to walk home to my apartment, Thinking about the food i would devour since i've starved for the past 24 hours.

On my way home, i heard a loud popping noise in the sky. Fireworks, at 3 in the afternoon? Strange. Fireworks for a kid, would make them excited. But for me its, just terrible memories honestly. I'd rather not think about it now. Before arriving at my apartment, I went to Takeru's Family hat store, Hat-Danma. My dad told me he needed a new hat and wanted to give his regards to Takeru. A little flashback of Takeru though, He was Tokyo's best nightclub host, that was until his father had a dying wish to keep the hat store alive. From a Nightclub host, to a Hatter. I thought before entering his shop.

Dust particles dropped on me and i accidentally sniffed on it and boy did i sneeze the greatest show out of my life. "Takeru-san?" I called out, not once,twice but three times. I walked around the store and the back to find that no one's here. No one's here, Gnarley it looks like no one has been here for 3 or 4 damn months. No way Takeru abandoned the shop, He was happily dusting these fedoras like it was yesterday, i mean as far as i could remember.

I took a black fedora that had an emerald green ribbon on it, and placed it inside one of the boxes, dusting it before hand of course. I booked a delivery and gave the box to the delivery guy, Left the payment inside Takeru's register and locked the shop before proceeding to walk home.

~*~

"Welcome home Hayami-san!" Yukio greeted me. Yukio is my cook, house help, personal assistant and Nanny. My dad pays Yukio very well since he's a well rounded person and does everything we say. Yukio is in his mid forties, with a wife and a daughter, so he knows how to handle me. "You could just call me Mi-san Yukio, you know that" i said as i placed my stuff on the counter. "The bath is ready for you Mi-san, It's Hot and minty" , "Thank you" i replied with a smile on my face, What could this place look like if it weren't for Yukio. I got in my room, took off my clothes and went in the bath.

I stared at the ceiling, thinking about how life could've went for me if i didn't color my hair and changed my whole appearance. But then again, I wouldn't have changed if that didn't happen.

🌠Flashback🌠

"We've graduated already, Ugh time does fly fast don't you think Miss Valedictorian?" Niragi said, with both his hands interlocked behind his head relieved that shits over for him in this school. "Yup, i do agree. Its as if it was just yesterday when i sent those seniors to the guidance counselor and met you. Can't you believe its been 5 years?" I replied, pressing my life away on my phone. "Im going to take a gap year" i said, which stopped Niragi from walking and looked at me "What?" , "Im taking a gap year. Im still young i mean, medicine in japan IS just 6 years, and im on my 5th year next which is clinical experience already, and i graduated 2 years ahead most of the people in my age group so, you could go ahead." I looked at him with a quizzical look as he just raised his eyebrows meaning he understood me "Well if that's the case, I'm gonna work for nintendo, they pay good" , "good for you" i said smiling. Niragi Suguru HAS changed. He's cut his hair, got brand new glasses and immaculate skin, Thinking about this i didn't have an idea that i was just, staring at him, He cut my senses short by placing his hands inside his pocket and looked down and said a goddamn paragraph that made my heart skip a beat.