Chapter 6

Hayami's POV:

Day already came i could feel it. The heat my body got covered in from the window and sunlight seeping through my eyelids though something felt off, I could feel someones presence in the area....fuck i knew sleeping here was a bad idea but i was tired and half asleep when thinking about that.

Hana's POV:

I was doing my weekly shopping in the same mall to find more food. I live near the area so i take little by little every week as to not show that someone is camping or staying nearby. Especially after that guy i had to sacrifice in that live or die game.

Though something seems odd here, Oh. It's another person. I got closer to her face and tapped her nose lightly as she fluttered her eyes abruptly, backing herself towards the head board in panic. I sat down at the other end of the bed and placed my hands on my knees then looked at her "I won't kill you don't worry. I come here just to get food, You new?" I asked scanning her from head to toe. She's pretty not gonna lie but not my type. "I came here to sleep for the night and get some clothes too. No i'm not necessarily new i've played two games so far, I came here like 2 or 3 days ago. I don't remember i lost track of time" she said, relaxing her muscles and getting comfy.

"You shouldn't lose count of time, That's when you'll know your visa expires" i said and stood up "what games have you played?" I asked and the girl stood "A 10 of diamonds and a 9 of hearts. Diamond game first" those are good playing cards...she should be careful "Those are good cards you have. Since you said you've been here for 2 days and you played a 10 of diamonds game, You gain a 10 day visa. Then i assume you've played another game last night which gained you 9 days and visa deductions start the day after you earned it so, 10 deduct 1 add 9 deduct 1 thats the number of days you could rest" i said and started walking but didn't leave the area near her "17" she replied.

"You wanna join me? I'm going up a floor to find food" i asked her to which she agreed to.

~*~

"So, How long have you been here, You seem like you've been here for a long time" she started as i was going through daiso's biscuit aisle while she stared down the road by the window. "Roughly 6 months" i said to which she replied a small hum to.

Silence was between us but it was a comfortable silence until i heard cars zooming out the road. "I thought cars weren't supposed to work" she asked me, Yup she hasn't played that game yet. "Cars that run on gasoline or diesel works" i walked over and looked at what she was looking at "Those cars are from the beach" i told her and she nodded no questions asked.

Until.

"What's this beach thing? Some sort of... Society is it? Formed over the years?" She asked and walks over beside me to look at over the biscuits im looking at "How come this food never rots..." she asked twice. "Food here is regenerated or renewed in a building or a place when someone new gets in this world. Just so happens that someone enters the world by this building weekly" i said and dropped 3 boxes of wonwon biscuits in my bag. "The beach is a hotel resort that in the real world was owned by Kim gong-yoo, a korean national. But in this world it's ran by tokyos former greatest host" i said and walked over to the window to overview the site to see if coast is clear for me to leave. I don't wanna exit this building with this girl, I might get caught for sure.

"How did you know all these?" She asked, as i looked back at her staring at me. Wow she has really pale skin for someone who looks healthy "I was a detective before this world. I got nothing to do during my free days. I stock every week so, I go out and meet new players. Gossip, And then investigate things that catch my eye"

"You should get going while those beach residents aren't here. I've heard the ones with armalite go out the day" she nodded as i left the mall through the back.