ONE- You Can Call Me Anita Then

"The body of Beth Davenport, Junior Minister for Transport, was found late last night on a building site in Greater London. Preliminary investigations suggest suicide. We can confirm that this apparent suicide closely resembles those of Sir Jeffery Patterson and James Phillimore. In the light of this, these incidents are now being treated as linked. The investigation is ongoing but Detective Inspector Lestrade and Detective Inspector O'Malley will take questions," Sally Donovan announced to the crowd of press reporters in the room. 

Greg Lestrade, who was shifting around uncomfortably, sat in the middle of the table while Anita O'Malley sat to his right and Sally Donovan sat to his left.

"Detective Inspector, how can suicides be linked?" one of the reporters finally asked. Lestrade looked over to Anita for help. Anita sent him a small smile then turned to the crowd of reporters.

"Well, they all took the same poison; they were all found in places they had no reason to be; also none of them had shown any prior indications of-" Anita was cut off by the same reporter.

"But you can't have serial suicides."

"Well apparently you can," Anita snapped back, not liking how the male reporter cut her off. She let out a huff and sat back in her chair, trying to contain her anger. Lestrade took that as his sign to take over.

"These three people, there's nothing that links them?" A new reporter chimed in.

"There's no link that's been found yet, but we're looking for it. There has to be one," Lestrade answered, and suddenly everyone's mobile phones went off.

Wrong!

Everyone was talking and trying to figure out how and why they all got the same message. Lestrade sent a small glance at Anita. Donovan, on the other hand, took a more aggressive approach and glared at her. Anita let of another huff of air and pulled out her own phone.

Sherlock, please, don't.

-AO'M

She quickly sent the message but wasn't expecting a response. As much as people liked to think, she really didn't have much control over Sherlock Holmes. Donovan finally got control of the room and was attempting to calm the crowd.

"If you've all got texts, please ignore them," Donovan advised.

"Just says, 'Wrong'," a reporter said.

"Yeah, well, just ignore that. Okay, if there are no more questions for Detective Inspector Lestrade and Detective Inspector O'Malley, I'm going to bring this session to an end," Donovan said trying to get the brief conference over with.

A reporter stood up and asked, "But if they're suicides, what are you investigating?"

"As I say, these suicides are clearly linked. It's an unusual situation. We've got our best people investigating-" Anita answered only to be interrupted by everyone's mobiles ringing out again.

Wrong!

Anita let out a sigh and tried to text him one last time.

Stop it, Sherlock Holmes!

-AO'M

As expected, Anita got no response. Lestrade was now desperate to get out of the room and Anita would be close behind him.

"Says 'Wrong' again," A reporter announced to the room. Lestrade looked over at Anita, who gave a subtle nod to him, then to Sally, who decided to take action.

"One more question," A third reporter raised their hand and tentatively asked:

"If they are murders, how do people keep themselves safe?" Anita could see Lestrade's anger rising and felt like she should take the question but he beat her to it.