TWO- The Three of You?

At 6:30 the next day, Sherlock came by Anita's flat to pick her up and bring her to 221 B Baker Street. As her and Sherlock waited on the curb for a taxi to pick them up, Anita brought something up.

"I don't understand why I have to come with Sherlock," Anita said just as a cab stopped for them. Sherlock told the cabbie the address as they sat back in their seats.

"Why not? You're basically going to be living there as well. If John doesn't like you, then there is no reason for him to be my flatmate." Sherlock answered like it was nothing. Anita smiled at him and started to giggle. Sherlock sent her a questioning look, though he had to admit to himself that she looked rather cute when she did that.

"Was that you being sentimental Sherlock Holmes?" Anita joked, a smile permanently stuck on her face. Sherlock couldn't help but smile as well; he always found that Anita O'Malley had a contagious smile.

"Certainly not, Anita O'Malley," Sherlock answered. Anita was about to say something but Sherlock cut her off.

"And I know for a fact that you had planned to do nothing today and this is more productive."

"Productive? I like to think spending my day off doing nothing is productive," Anita replied, but still in a joking manner. Sherlock knew that if she had really wanted to stay home, she would have.

Just as he said that, the cabbie pulled up to 221 Baker Street. Sherlock hopped out first and opened the door for Anita.

"What a gentleman," Anita snickered as she walked out onto the sidewalk. Then she saw John standing in front of 221 Baker Street. Sherlock had closed the door behind Anita and went to pay the cabbie.

"Hello John."

"Er, hello Anita, I wasn't expecting you to be here," John admitted as he turned to look at Anita and Sherlock.

"Well, you seem like a nice guy and I do visit Sherlock quite a bit. So, it would probably be best if we got to know each other," Anita explained as Sherlock strolled up to the two of them. John nodded at this then acknowledged Sherlock.

"Hello Mr. Holmes," John commented, turning to Sherlock with his hand held out.

"Sherlock, please," Sherlock answered as he shook John's hand. John then turned back to the door and glanced around.

"Well. This is a prime spot. Must be expensive," John commented, turning slightly to Sherlock and Anita. John felt like they couldn't afford it, even with flatmates.

"Oh, Mrs. Hudson, the landlady, she's given me a special deal. Owes me a favor. Few years back her husband got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out," Sherlock answered. Anita loved Mrs. Hudson, she had been nothing but sweet to Anita ever since they met when Sherlock solved her case.

"Sorry, you stopped her husband from being executed?" John questioned. It was a reasonable thought process, but not quite right.

"Oh, no, he ensured it," Anita answered just as the door opened. Mrs. Hudson appeared at the door with a large smile on her face. She called Sherlock's name and gave him a hug before doing the same with Anita. With that, the four walked into the room and started to head up the stairs. They stopped on the first floor landing. Mrs. Hudson opened the door and Sherlock gestured for John to walk in first, then he let Anita go in, and he followed after her.

After John had taken in the room, he started to nod to himself and then he turned to Sherlock and Anita, who had both walked farther into the room.

"Well this could be nice. Very nice," John mentioned, briefly looking around at the cardboard boxes scattered around the room.

"Yes. Yes, I think so. My thoughts precisely," Sherlock said looking around the room, apparently very pleased with himself. Anita stood at his side and looked around as well. She hadn't seen the flat yet, being too busy with work and such. She thought it was quaint and picturesque.