45 - here's to doing dumb shit

mentions of drug use 

Lyla's twentieth birthday was just how she wanted it to be.

At first, they didn't go out, instead of the group – including Vera, who had flown in for the weekend – stayed at Luke's apartment hanging out.

No one made a big fuss out of it, nor did they try to get her to go out to the clubs.

It was the late afternoon, and everyone was sat out on the rooftop hanging out. The last time someone in the group had a birthday, the night crashed and burned because of Michael's drunk loudmouth and Luke's deep-seated jealousy.

Which explains why Michael Clifford was the only one not drinking out of the bunch. He'd rather not go through all of that again, not to mention, Maria didn't talk to him for a week after that.

"Lyla," Vera spoke, interrupting the girl from her petty debate with Calum. "Come with me," she said, standing up and walking back into the apartment.

Lyla got up from her spot, spinning around and pointing a finger to him, "I will be back." She told before following Vera into the penthouse, meeting her pink-haired friend in Luke's bedroom. "Yeah, what is it?"

Vera approached Lyla, "You're twenty today," she stated leaving the dark brunette confused.

"Okay... and?"

"Oh my," Vera sighed, reaching into her jean pocket and pulling out a small clear bag that held patterned blotter paper. "Do you not remember?"

Lyla gasped, taking the Ziploc from her hand, "How could I forget?" She mumbled, "Aw, you brought me acid on my twentieth birthday."

"Another thing crossed off our bucket list," Vera laughed. "Now all we need is disappearing for twenty-four hours and running away without telling anyone."

"No way, we're almost done with the list?" Lyla asked; there wasn't much on it, to begin with, but some of the things written down seemed ridiculous and unrealistic.

Little did they know, later that night, they would go on and complete the rest of their silly bucket list.

Vera nodded, checking the notes app on her phone for the list, getting ready to name everything they've done. "We've gotten arrested, snuck into multiple concerts, started a band, travelled together, running around in ballgowns, and etcetera."

"Huh, and now we're going to take acid," Lyla said. "Our sixteen-year-old selves would be so proud."

"Okay, well this shit lasts for like twelve hours and takes twenty minutes to kick in," Vera said, taking the baggie out of Lyla's hand before tearing a piece off and handing it to her.

"Too starting off my twenties on LSD," the girl joked, placing the drug on her tongue.

"And to going against everything you were raised not to do!" Vera cheered, "Oh! Hey, before our trip starts do you want to get some food?"

"Of course," Lyla agreed, "but I don't think we should be driving... or trusted with public transportation."

Vera waved the girl off, "I'll just call my driver. He'll take us," she assured, pressing on the contact and bringing her phone up to her ear.

"I'll go tell the everyone that we're going to get food," Lyla offered, "I'm bringing Maria."

The pink-haired girl gave her a thumbs-up as she heard the other line pick up, Lyla nodded, spinning on her heel and making her way out to the rooftop again.