03 - luke's first appearance

Michael was right. Attending a party at an eight-million-dollar penthouse apartment really was a once in a lifetime experience, especially if – said penthouse – was exceptionally decorated and visually pleasing to the human eye.

Once the group got past the heavy security and managed to navigate themselves to the top floor where the music progressively grew louder as they approached their desired destination. Michael was beaming with joy once the front door of the home opened to a lively crowd all lost in their own worlds filled with loud music and clouded minds from the alcohol.

The flashing lights along with discarded red solo cups and glass bottles all scattered around the counters and floors. The high ceilings paired with open spaces, alongside the balcony access that homes a massive pool looking out to the city life below it. Of course, Lyla wouldn't truly get to see all of the beauty that the apartment holds until much later.

"Holy shit," Lyla spoke over the music, "this place is huge!"

"I know right!" Michael said, "I told you that this would be worth it."

"Oi!" A voice yelled, "Put that down!" The owner appears from the midst of the dancing crowds to stop a guest from touching anything valuable, "Who even are you?" He asks scanning the stranger, the flustered girl was about to answer before getting interrupted.

"Louis!" Michael yelled grasping the boy's attention, a look of relief floods his features as he heads over to the group.

"Thank god," he sighed placing the very expensive looking ashtray on the nearest shelf, "I was getting worried you guys wouldn't show."

The first thing Lyla noticed about Louis is the array of tattoos inked on his skin, all ranging in different sizes and designs. She's always liked tattoos, even contemplated getting one herself. Though, always found herself backing out to avoid the judgment from her family for when she'd see them during the holidays.

"Hello," he greeted looking between Maria and Lyla, "you two must be the girls I've been hearing so highly about for the past year," Louis told extending out his hand in a polite gesture that both girls accept kindly.

Maria glanced over to the slightly discomfited red-haired boy standing next to her, playfully poking at his side, "You've been telling your friends about us, you big softie." She laughs earning a soft shove to the side from Michael.

"Let's not make such a big deal out of it alright?" Michael asked trying to hide his embarrassment, "It would be hard not to talk about you guys."

Maria gushed looking up at the boy, "Aw, you love us." She teased reaching up to ruffle up his bright red hair, even in the dim lighting that constantly changed colour Maria could see the slight blush appear of Michael's cheeks.

"Ew, I liked it better when you two hated each other." Calum said popping open a bottle of beer and taking a sip, "It's one beer." He reasoned hoping to dismiss the warning gaze he received from the curly-haired girl currently leaning back against Michael's chest.

"From what I can tell," Lyla spoke, "this is a really nice place." She added glancing around the wide space of the apartment.

"I'll make sure to tell the owner that when he arrives," Louis said.

"Wait, so there's a party at this guy's place and he's not even here?" Maria asked, "Where the hell could he be?" It was particularly strange how the host of the party wasn't present for the event taking place in his highly-priced New York home.

The boys all panicked for a split second before Calum chose to speak up and break the silence, "He got stuck at work, but don't worry. He should be here soon." What Calum said wasn't a lie, in fact, it was far from it. The boy has had his fair shares of backfired lies and figured that in a situation like this it would be best, to tell the truth, quite vaguely that is.