Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

2 | Friendship Bracelets & Rabbit Holes

I rushed forward, caught in that awkward distance from the door where I was kinda far away, but the person in front of me still decided to hold the door open, which was a nice person thing to do, but then I had to hustle through the slush, or they...

I rushed forward, caught in that awkward distance from the door where I was kinda far away, but the person in front of me still decided to hold the door open, which was a nice person thing to do, but then I had to hustle through the slush, or they'd be standing there for too long and–

My heartbeat raced, and it wasn't because I'd speed-walked across campus.

"Logan?" I stopped short, staring at the beanie-wearing, dark-haired guy holding the door open.

He glanced over his shoulder and did a double-take.

I held in my laughter.

"Nat?" Logan blinked at me as I brushed past him into the warmth of the building.

Muffled music leaked out of someone's headphones nearby. I smoothed back my hair that'd stuck onto my lip gloss.

"You in Professor Yousuf's business class too?" Logan asked as he followed me in, the door shutting behind him.

I nodded as I shoved my mittens into my pockets and unzipped my heavy-duty jacket, probably looking like a marshmallow.

He rubbed his hands together to warm them up, wearing a green hoodie with a black jacket that definitely wasn't winter-appropriate, but it was fashionable and very Logan.

"What're the chances of us being in the same class?" I chuckled and dropped my backpack on the bench to shrug out of my jacket.

"Actually pretty high; we're both first-years in–"

"That was rhetorical." I smiled, and he gave me a sheepish grin in return.

Heat radiated through my chest. Jeez, Logan hadn't changed at all in three years. Well, maybe he did grow a little. Now I had to look up to meet his gaze.

Guess the Summit University timetable gods decided to smile down on me today. It sucked when I didn't know anyone in my classes.

"Gotcha, gotcha." Logan tucked his thumbs under the straps of his backpack. "How have you been?"

Oh crap.

My stomach hardened.

I never replied to his DM!

Clearing my throat and letting out a little cough to stall, I slowly picked my backpack up again.

Gotta say something, Nat.

"I'm great, actually," I said without meeting his eyes. Who knew the fire extinguisher on the wall could be so fascinating? "Sorry about never replying to your DM, I kept meaning to get around to it, then I forgot, not that I meant to forget about you, you're not forgettable or anything like that, I'm the scatter-brained one here in this scenario–"

He placed a hand on my shoulder and gave a light squeeze. "It's all good. Sorry for taking so long to reply– I deleted Instagram off my phone last summer and only just redownloaded it over the break. I can honestly say I wasn't expecting a pro/con list from you."