II

3 more hours until she could finally see Link.

She felt a positive feeling stab her in the gut.

Wait-

Elgh, what was wrong with her? She hadn't even seen his entire face, and had barely even heard his name! And yet, when the thought of his name came to her head, the butterflies stirred. And when she matched it with his face, they flew all over her stomach, their wings flapping at her abdomen as her heart soared, pulling a trigger that caused her face to unintentionally turn into a grin. She didn't even know this man, barely knew what he looked like, and yet he was always on her mind... and when he was, she couldn't seem to focus on anything else.

Just 3 hours. One tea party with her best friends. It shouldn't be difficult! She wore a floral, soft yet formal dress and her hair was braided with curly loose strands as she made her way down to the garden, a basket of strawberries from the kitchen hooked on her arm. She rushed down the stairs and opened the glass doors into the garden.

The sunlight shone in her emerald eyes through the glass roof, designed to be able to see the beautiful stars through it. Flower bushes and fruit trees surrounded a small pathway, leading into a clearing, where there was a little stone table where she and her friends would meet for tea. She pushed a branch back to be greeted by the warm smiles of Daruk, Mipha, Urbosa, and Revali. Out of the group, Revali was probably her best friend, Urbosa was like her mother, Mipha like her sister, and Daruk like her strange uncle that tried to look cool. She beamed and placed the strawberries on the table, taking a seat. She shifted uncomfortably and looked around as she bounced her legs. Mipha and Daruk popped strawberries into their mouth as Urbosa and Revali watched her, brows furrowed. She caught their eye.

"...What?"

"If I may, whom are you so starstruck over?" Revali smirked, and Urbosa kicked him from underneath the table. "Ow!"

"What?! What are you talking about?! Utterly- ridiculous! Preposterous!" Zelda huffed and crossed her arms.

"See?! Ugh, you bird brain! I told you she would get even more defensive if you brought it up like that!" Urbosa said, rolling her eyes. Revali started to speak, but Zelda interrupted him.

"I have no idea what you two are talking about, and this subject is no longer a part of the conversation! Simply one making an assumption, and a silly one, at that," she said angrily. Mipha straightened her shoulders and cleared her throat, swallowing the last bit of strawberry.

"May I make a suggestion, Your Highness?"

"...Yes, Lady Mipha. Why not?"

"Well, uhm... perhaps you finally met someone at the masquerade ball that you took an interest in?" Mipha said, fidgeting with her fingers. Zelda sighed and tried to keep the blood from rushing to her face as the group grinned in realization. Revali snapped and pointed at Mipha.

"Yes. That is exactly what happened, isn't it?" He said, chuckling. Daruk suddenly gestured his fists in enlightenment, booming on the table.

"I saw who it was! Through the windows of the castle, while leading my Gorons up to deliver some ore to the King, I saw the Princess dancing with a Knight! Not a Prince! She was redder than the maroon lining on her mask!" Zelda tried to signal him to shut his abnormally large Goron mouth.

"Did you recognize him?!" Revali asked, as Zelda's eyes widened and she tried to hide her face with the basket of strawberries.

"Uh... yeah! He's that one really strong knight who took out the General after being challenged! He was unconscious for at least a full day, and I'm pretty sure the only reason the General didn't murder him is he didn't stand a chance in a professional fight." Daruk laughed. Zelda shrunk in her chair as the group burst into laughter.