Chapter 9 Old Spirals

Little things left unappreciated ,might become the guilt of the lifetime. Time never came back, neither the ones gone and nor the tears dropped. Maybe sometimes a great storm might hit you just to prove that you are stronger than u have ever assumed. Getting caught with the hurtful memories might never reverse them but could reverse the good times that can come today, can reverse the time with people that could have made the sufferings less painful...

........................................................................
Nora's POV:

My hands started trembling with one text message. I started questioning everything once again. Once again I felt like my world was crumbling right in front of me and like always I was just watching the show, once again I felt helpless and lost..
With that my phone started ringing. I didn't want to answer it , to hear what is gonna be on the other side ,but i couldn't just let it go. I was accountable, I wanted to know if my fears won or not.
I took a gulp, the most painful action for me was to answer the call,
I took the phone and answered it.
Nora:Uhh..He...Hello..
On the other side there was a shrill and professional voice.
....:Is this Ms.Nora speaking?
Nora: Yes, it is.
.....: This is from*****hospital, we have to inform you that Mrs.Abel's condition is not well. It would be much better if you are here we have to run some paperwork that and your permission for further procedures.
Nora: I ..I ..I'll be there.
With that I hung up the phone. Is this it? Is that going to happen all over again. I thought I had more time. I thought I had chance to make things right. To bring things back to normal. But was I too slow? I was walking on the right road ,on the right way but on the wrong time.
Nothing was making sense, everything was tearing,ripping, crumbling right infront of me and I felt like I was handcuffed. My tears didn't fall down today. Today i had to be strong.
I looked at Rizzy, who was all worried and asking questions and shocked.

At that moment nothing made sense and Words were not making pattern.
I looked at her with a comforting look.
Nora: It's gonna be alright Rizzy, I won't just sit this time, watching my own tragedies unfold. I promise you I will make it alright. Even if it is in my hands or not, the opportunities that I have I'll make the best of them.
I said that without a breaking down and what was the point. My tears always pitied me and made me weaker.
Rizzy: Tell me? Is it your mother?
She said with a concerned look.
Nora: yeah.. It is.
Rizzy: we should go then.
She said while grabbing her bag.
Nora: Not we , me , I have to go. You should go back to library. You don't have to do this. You are with me , that is all I need and want.
I said while smiling at her.
Rizzy: Shut up and let's go , don't make me smack you. We don't have any classes. NOW LET'S MOVE !
she said with all anger she hides for special occasions.
Gosh she can be scary.

........................................................................

No matter how much of a stronger suit of bravery and firmness I wore, the doubts were outweighing my optimism. I didn't want to think about what time will bring but i could not put a blind eye on every single possibility that could occur.
All kinds of "what if s" were coming and it was making me weak.
Going to the receptionist , wanted to ask her but couldn't form a sentence. All I could here was my heart beating in a swift manner.
Looking at my condition Rizzy held my hand
Rizzy: We are here for Mrs.Abel.
Receptionist: Wait, oh yes. Dr Rie will meet you in her room now.
She said while looking through some records.
Nora: Thanks Rizzy
I said while a tear managed to leave my eye
She was grabbing my hand like i was gonna be lost on my own and it wasnot wrong i felt like an arrow in air , but the difference was that my aim was nowhere to be seen.

The conversation with doctor was heart shattering , all she said that they will do their best but I should be prepared for anything. That is why they needed my signature and there was I holding the pen in my shaky hand and looking through my teary vision.