Chapter 2

I soon finished putting everything away in my new room as I have second thoughts. Should I go downstairs for the party or should I not? I hesitated for a bit, but I decided to go downstairs anyways.

As Mist walks downstairs, she sees a small party with Eruptor, Stealth Elf and Spyro as they celebrated for being Skylanders. As soon as Stealth Elf saw Perla, she waved at her and says, "Come on. Don't miss out on the fun." Mist shrugged a bit and went over to them, greeted by a non grumpy Eruptor, who pulls her close with his lava arm and says, "Good that you decided to join us, fire buddy!" Mist nodded a bit as soon as they did some party activities.

*later, near midnight*

Mist was on the roof while the others were downstairs, partying to their heart's content. She looks up at the sky before muttering softly, "I missed you, mom and dad." As soon as she closed her eyes, having some thought spin around, a familiar voice spoke, "Well that's something you hardly see everyday." She turns around to see Spyro as he approached her with two cups of punch, one for him and one for her. "What do YOU want?" She asked defensively, causing Spyro to sweat a bit. And the non friendly one is back. Spyro thought to himself as he chuckled nervously as he sat next to her and offers her a cup.

"Fruit Punch?" He spoked. The elf hesitated for a bit, but she took the cup from him. That made the dragon smiled after Mist accepted the cup as he then ask, "So, how is your day? Anything cool happened?" Mist then responded, "I was frozen by this Kaos person at graduation." Spyro shrugged a bit before responding, "I saw and I indid it. So, your two elemental powers. What are they?"

She puts her cup next to her as she made a small ball of fire on her left hand and she converged a small ball of water on her right hand. "Water and fire." She responded, leaving Spyro starstrucked with amazement. "That is...the COOLEST thing I have ever seen. You're a real pro at this." That compliment left Mist a bit frozen. Back when she was a child and before her village was destroyed, some of the elf kids stayed away from her her because of her having two powers, but her brother, Flare, would always defend her from bullies. "You...you really think so?"

She then asked. "Do I think so? I know so! How long have you been practicing your powers?" Spyro asked as Mist responded, "Years ago before my village was burned down." That left Spyro with his eyes widened a bit before asking, "How did it happen?" She was about to reply, but she has been getting bad memories flown into her head. She remembers seeing the black dragons for the first time and saw how they burned down her village with purple fire.

She was so little at that time and her parent told her to run far from there. As the memories stopped flowing, she could feel tiny droplets of tears forming in her eyes and used the palm of her hand to wipe them away. Spyro saw this and began to grew concern as he looked away, saying "Sorry. Just pretend I never asked that stupid question." She looks at him before looking away. Instead of asking her about her past, Spyro talks to her about his and not remembering about his parents. He then told her some jokes, hoping to cheer her up and to his luck, she began to laugh. As soon as he finished, they headed back inside and saw that the party was over and Stealth Elf and Eruptor went to bed.

"Guess I'll see you in the morning." Spyro said as he started to fly up. Mist nodded as they both headed upstairs to their room, but before she entered hers, Mist whispers to Spyro, "Hey." Spyro looks at her as she says, "I'm sorry you can't remember your parents. Maybe their sweet and funny, like you." That made Spyro smile softly as he says, "You...really think I'm sweet and funny?" That made Mist blush with embarrassment as she stutters, "I-I mean...I'm gonna go to sleep." She heads in her room and closed her door, leaving Spyro to chuckle a bit before forming a blush on his face as he went to his room and lays on his bed before drifting to sleep.

Mist was lying on her bed, covering her blushing face in the process. "I cannot believe I just said that. For Eons sake, you're stupid, Mist!" She said to herself as she lowers her hand from her face, leaving one on her chest as she felt her heart doing a slight ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum. The same thing happened to Spyro as he felt his heart doing the same thing.

What is this feeling? How could it happen?

Word count: 846