Chapter 21: Rescue Mission Starts

Usagi POV

Everyone told me to wait until they make a plan. However, I can't wait any longer. I waited for more than ten hours and, we still don't have a plan. I sneaked out of the house and, transformed.

'Usa.'

'What is it?' I asked Mamoru through our bond.

'Please tell me you're not coming alone.'

'...I'm not.'

'U.S.A. Did you really think I wouldn't be able to tell if you were lying or not?! What are you thinking?!'

'I'm thinking that I can't let this go on any longer. Our daughter is safely sleeping with my parents right now. Lita is also in the guest room, guarding the area.'

'She let you go by yourself?!!!'

'I may have sneaked out, so don't blame it on her!'

I can imagine Mamoru scratching his head in frustration. Giggling I said, 'Don't worry! It's going to be fine!'

'I'm not that reassured~'

I could sense his worry for my well-being flooding our bond.

'Ever since we were reborn, have I ever let you down?'

'....no...except for the time you forgot our date.'

I almost tripped over my own feet, 'That was an accident! And not what I meant!'

'No, you've always been there to save me and everyone else.'

'That's right! And I've always come back safe, right?'

I felt his worry grow, 'No...in our first life- I was too weak. Then during our rematch with Metallica , I was only useful in supporting you. And in the battle against Ann and Al, you were hurt badly while protecting me.'

'There you go with again! Stop thinking about the negative things in the past! Focus on the positive: in our first life we loved each other despite the conflict between our kingdoms. In our battle against Metallica, your support as well as the Ladies, are the only reason I was able to beat her. And in the battle against Ann and Al, our love for each was reaffirmed!'

He went quiet for a bit. Then he replied, 'I suppose you're right. Though this is surprising.'

'What is?'

'I'm the one who stays positive, and you're the one who focuses on the details. I never imagined we'd have our roles swapped.'

I blushed, 'let's just say that I'm only like this when it comes to you and our friends. Now then, just for a while. I'll get everyone out soon.'

'Be careful! Please!' I bathed in the feelings of love, worry and hope that came from him.

'Don't worry! I'll be fine!'

'I love you, so do t get hurt too badly.'

'You can always heal me.' I stated in a monotone.

'Doesn't mean that I like to.' He replied back in the same tone.

'Oh? But to heal me you need to touch skin to skin?'

'What are you thinking right now?! It's obvious that I'd hold your hand!'

'Well duh! What else do you think I was thinking about?!'

'...........nothing.'

He cut the link.

I thought to myself, 'Did he just think of something....dirty just now? Hm, now that I think about it- I was pregnant in the past. So it's not that unusual for him to have those thoughts.'