Chapter 10- Why Would I?

I slowly opened my eyes, today was another day. Yawning, I sat up and stretched. I felt a little empty and uncomfortable. Almost as if I was missing something. I don't know what it is that's making me feel like this but I just ignored it. Let me just get dressed and meet everybody in the dining hall. Well, almost everybody. We lost four people so quickly that it feels like they never even existed. I shook my head.
"Get those thoughts out of your head Y/N! You just need to get dressed for the day." I shouted, getting out of bed. I grabbed some extra clothes from my closet and threw them on. As I was about to walk out the door, I saw Kokichi's grinning face staring right at me.
"Morning~" Kokichi greeted me.
"Morning, Kokichi." I said while giving him a small smile.
"Ooo~ What happened to you? You never smile at me." Kokichi teased.
"I just decided today would be a good day so why not start it off with a smile!" I smiled again.
"Oh, well thank you. It's been a while since anyone has done that." Kokichi mumbled. I pat his head and walked off. While walking to the dining hall I met up with Kaito and Shuichi, we all went to the dining hall with eachother. I'm guessing they noticed my happier mood because they exchanged eachother confused looks. We soon arrived at the dining hall to notice that not everyone was there.
"I'm guessing you guys don't know where the others are either." Kiibo said.
"Well Kokichi was standing outside my door this morning but other than him I haven't seen anybody else." I mentioned.
"Shouldn't Y/N know where Gonta is, they have been with him alot lately." Korekiyo stated, obviously trying to blame me for something.
"Hey, asshole. Me and Gonta only hung out yesterday. He left after the nighttime announcement!" I said, slightly raising myself voice.
"Calm down Y/N..." Shuichi whispered. I crossed my arms and glared at Korekiyo.
"The more defensive you get, the more suspicious you seem." Korekiyo stared back at me. After he said that, I charged right at him. I thought I hit him but...
"Kokichi!" I heard Kaito shout. My blurred vision finally came into focus. I saw Kokichi standing infront of me, rubbing his cheek.
"Ha... you punch pretty hard." Kokichi laughed.
"Kokichi, are you alright?" I asked him.
"I'm alright Y/N, I just needed to do something in return for this morning." Kokichi said.
"All I did was smile at you, you didn't need to take a punch for that!" I moved his hand to check the mark on his face.
"I'm alright Y/N, I'll feel better in no time! Now let's eat." Kokichi sat down and looked at everyone else. We all sat down with him and started to eat breakfast.

*TIMESKIP*

In the middle of eating, the monitor turns on. It was the Monokubs telling everyone to report to the gym.

*cutely timeskips again*

We got a new motive. This one just seemed ridiculous. A book to bring someone back from the dead? As if.
"What sort of motive is that?" I said, clearly annoyed.
"It's just like Monokuma said, it's a book that revives someone." Korekiyo grabbed the book and examined the outside. Just as he was about to open it, Angie yoinked it away.
"Nya-haha!" She did her signature laugh.
"Angie!" Kaito yelled.
"Nuh-uh! You're not getting this back. For the Ultimate Academy Student Council is taking it into custody!" Angie laughed. Tsumugi, Tenko, Himiko, and Gonta all surrounded Angie.
"We created this group to stop the killing game! Now any motive thrown our way will be taken by us." Tsumugi boasted.
"Gonta will no longer allow friends to be hurt!" Gonta shouted.
"I will be taking this and resurrecting a student." Angie said.
"But doesn't that go against the whole point of the council?" Maki asked.
"Not unless I say so. Now! There will be new rules. One of them being, no leaving your room after the nighttime announcement! Once it is made you have to stay in your room, that way we can avoid overnight killings." Angie said.
"What about our training!?" Kaito shouted.
"Train in your rooms!" Angie giggled as she headed for the gym doors. "I'll be in my lab learning how to do this ritual, only student council members are allowed to see me!" She finally left, leaving all but four of us in shock and confusion. Gonta approached me as I stared at the door. He tapped on my shoulder.
"What does Petal think of Angie's plan?" Gonta asked me.
"It's dumb." I said with no hesitation.
"D-Dumb!?" Gonta looked shocked.
"Yes it's dumb! She said she wanted so more killings yet she comes in and takes the motive so she can use it herself! What's the point of the 'council' when you're just going to take the motives and most likely use them yourself?" I shouted. It took me a second to realize what I said but it was already too late. Gonta looked as if his heart was just ripped to shreds. Not to mention the whole room was staring at me. I sat there trying to say something but words weren't forming. Eventually I just gave up and left. I didn't say even goodbye, I just ran out.
When I entered my room, I slammed the door shut. I leaned against the door and slowly slid down to the ground, burying my face in my arms
"This is why I never start the day with a smile.. my luck is just the worst..." I mumbled.
"Y/N." A robotic voice said. I look up to see Monodam standing in my room.
"M-Monodam!? What do you want?" I asked, shocked. He didn't say anything for a second, he then approached me and put his arms out. "You want a hug..?" I asked. Monodam nodded. I slowly picked him up and hugged him.
"This is surprisingly nice.." I giggled. Monodam just barely hugged me back by wrapping his arms halfway around me. For a small robot he gives pretty decent hugs. But it was really reassuring, it let me know that I wasn't always alone
I sat there with Monodam until it was time for the nighttime announcement.  Monodam went to do the announcement while I was left on the floor, still up against my door. When I stood up my doorbell rang, causing me to jump. I turned around and opened the door.
"Tenko?" I asked. Tenko came in and closed the door.
"I hate Angie's rule too, I'm sure everyone hates her idea except for the rest of the council. I only joined so I could try and save Himiko from Angie's brainwashing." Tenko said. She turned to me and hugged me "I'm so sorry..."
"Why are you sorry? I'm the one who messed up..." I muttered.
"No.. you didn't mess up, I did." Tenko then let go of me and started to pace around. "Dear lord how do I say this?"
"Tenko what did you do?" I asked.

She...

SHE TOLD EVERYONE I WAS PLANNING A MURDER!?

"YOU WHAT!?" I screamed.
"L-Look, Y/N it was a m-mistake! I didn't know w-what I was thinking then I just... b-blurted it out!" Tenko said. She shakily reached for the door and ran out. I chased after her.
"TENKO!" I shouted. I followed her out of the dorms and past the spit where Kaito, Maki, and Shuichi were training all while screaming at her. "STOP RUNNING!" I continued to chase her around places.
"Y/N JUST HEAR ME OUT!" Tenko screamed.
"Kaito, now!" I felt myself getting tackled. Still screaming, I tried to fight my way out of the grip of whoever this was but I couldn't. I kept trying until I eventually gave up.
"I-I'm not a killer..." I mumbled while tears started to stream down my face.
"Y/N, just calm down." I heard Kaito say. "Shuichi, go get Gonta." I was stuck in that position for so long I thought I was gonna pass out.
"Petal..?" Gonta said. I finally felt myself be let free. Slowly, I sat up and stared at the ground.
"I'm not a killer, I swear... I don't want to do that. I don't want to end up like them. Why? Why would I ever..?" I whispered. I felt arms wrap around me. To be more specific, Gonta's arms.
"Petal, calm down..." Gonta gently swooped me up bridal style and took me to my room after wishing the others goodnight.
After we arrived in my room, Gonta set me down on my bed. I sat up and looked down, I didn't want to make eye contact with him. We sat there in silence. Nobody said a word. Suddenly, I felt my bed move. I look over to see Gonta sitting next to me.
"Why are you even here? I'm just some murderer..." I mumbled.
"Gonta knows that Petal would never hurt anybody.." Gonta slowly wrapped his arms around me.
"How can you even stand being around me after this morning?" I asked. Gonta didn't respond this time, he only held me tighter. I leaned my head against his shoulder.
"Gonta doesn't think Petal is a bad person, Gonta knows that Petal doesn't want to hurt anyone. Petal was just mad this morning." Gonta cupped my cheek with one of his hands and lifted my head up, gently kissing my forehead.
"Thank you, Gonta..." I smiled. Me and Gonta laid back while I was still in his arms. Slowly, I closed my eyes and fell asleep. We ended up falling asleep together.

Ndnskdj I'm sorry if these chapters seem rushed, I'm just really excited about publishing this GontaGuuji fanfic. Anyways, I'm sorry this chapter is kinda angsty. Me and my homies hate angst yet I still do it. But I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you have a great day/afternoon/night!