Chapter 15- Escape

*Third Person POV, SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 5 AND THE END OF THE GAME*

Everyone stood there, shocked. Did Monokuma actually take Y/N away? Was Y/N actually gone?
"Welp, they're gone! Time to go to sleep." Kokichi put his hands behind his head and walked off.
"You're not going anywhere, purple asshole!" Kaito shouted. "You're just going to walk off after a friend died!?"
"Friend? Pfft! I never cared for Y/N, I wouldn't even have cared if any of you took their place." Kokichi laughed.
"I don't even know why Y/N was so nice to you. You're just some big fat liar!" Himiko said.
"Nice to me? Puh-lease!" Kokichi rolled his eyes.
"They were! Y/N was so nice to you, even when you were at your worst. You remember that one day they smiled at you. You had a change of heart so quickly. Even you have to admit that they did something for you." Tsumugi snapped.
"Yet you still go on your own way, being selfish and annoying. You never did anything for us. Yet you still wonder why we never talk to you." Maki joined in the argument.
"You're alone, Kokichi. And you always will be." Shuichi walked away with Maki and Himiko following. Kaito and Tsumugi stayed behind to help Gonta back on his feet. Y/N's flower crown laid silently in Gonta's hands.

*Time skip, next morning*

The morning announcement had just went off, everyone was getting ready to go to the dining hall. One by one, they all came to the dining room for breakfast. They were all about to eat when Kiibo noticed something was off.
"Does anyone know where Gonta is? He'd normally be one of the first people here." Kiibo said.
"Me and Kaito took him to the dorms but I don't know what happened after that." Tsumugi stated.
"We should look for him, he still needs to eat." Shuichi suggested. They all nodded and got up to look for Gonta.
After a few minutes of searching, they still found nothing. They were about to give up until Maki found Gonta. Maki grabbed the others and rounded them up near Gonta's research lab. Slowly, Maki opened the door and everyone piled in.
"Gonta, why are you in here? We were all eating breakfast and noticed you weren't there. Are you alright?" Tsumugi asked. Gonta said nothing, he just stood by the door in the back holding Y/N's flower crown.
"Maybe we should leave him alone for a while.." Kaito said. Everyone else nodded. They all left the room except for Maki.
"I'll bring you food later so you won't starve." Maki then left the room.

*In the trial room*

The room was silent, nothing was going to happen there for a good few days. Atleast it was silent for a while. Noises could be heard coming from the execution screen. On the screen you could see the large venus flytrap moving around. It's jaws then began to open up, then a hand poked through them. The hand dug it's way out of the trap and freed itself. Another hand poked out and gripped the side of the plant. The jaws then flung open. Who was it?

*Y/N POV*

"That asshole bear.. should probably learn-... that venus flytraps take forever... to finish their-.. food" I panted, crawling my way out of the monstrous plant. "He could've been smarter about it and laid traps in the plant... but instead, he did this! Now my clothes are ruined, I'm out of breath, and it's still... really hard to see!"
I just need to get out of here. Slowly, I limped my way to the exit door. I opened the door and made my way out of the trial room. Does the elevator just work 24/7? That doesn't matter right, I just need to focus on seeing the others. But it's hard to find them when I can't see anything! I got far enough so I was standing infront of the dorms but my legs gave out.
"Ugh! Just let me... get.. inside!" I whined. I just gave up and flopped over on the hot stone. Someone will find me... right?

It feels like it's been a hour and no one has found me yet. The truth is, it's only been 5 minutes and everyone would be exploring the school at this point. I need to get up but my legs won't move. I'll just have to crawl then...
I lifted up the top half of my body and positioned myself in a crawling pose. I dragged me and my two legs over to the door of the school. Just barely, I was able to open the door. I crawled my way into the large room.
"I can't move anymore..." I muttered. I sat down and leaned against the wall. "Heh, maybe the execution did get to me..." I slowly closed my eyes, just listening to emptiness of the school. It was nice. Sitting in silence seemed like a nice way to die. It was all silence until I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps.
"....we should see what this-- Is that Y/N!?" A familiar lazy voice screeched.
"Is it!" Someone else shouted.
"Well don't be dumb, go help them!" Another familiar, cold voice demanded. The groups steps grew louder as they approached me. Can't they just leave me alone while I'm on my death bed? It's too late now, because I've already drifted back to sleep.

"When should we tell him?.."
"Let's wait for Y/N to wake up, we don't want him worrying too much."
"Can you guys quiet down a bit? Y/N is still asleep."
"Asleep my ass..." I groaned as I slowly sat up. I rubbed my head and opened my eyes. "Where am I?"
"You're awake!" Tsumugi squealed.
"Shh!" Maki shushed.
"Sorry.." Tsumugi apologized.
"You're in your dorm, how are you feeling?" Shuichi asked.
"Weak, tired, and sick." I answered.
"That must be from the execution, you got sprayed with alot of pollen." Maki stated.
"No wonder..." I looked around the room, blinking multiple times. "I can't see."
"Like Maki said, you got sprayed with lots of pollen so your going to have allergies for a while." Tsumugi said.
"Oh well... where are my clothes?" I asked.
"They were ripped when we found you. We didn't have time to change them." Himiko answered, holding up a bit of cloth.
"How did you survive that thing?" Tsumugi asked.
"Monokuma apparently doesn't know how venus flytraps work so I was able to escape. Venus flytraps take a while to fully digest their food and seeing how big that one was, it would've taken longer. So instead of rigging it with traps, he just trusted his gut and thought I would die." I explained.
"We're just glad you're okay." Shuichi smiled. The door then opened and a large silhouette came in through the doorway.
"Why is everyone in Petal's room? Gonta thought that these rooms were locked.." Gonta said.
"Well..." Kaito signaled everyone to move over, making me visible to Gonta.
"P-Petal?" Gonta stuttered.
"Hi." I smiled and waved. Shuichi looked at everyone else, signaling them to leave the room. They all left the room except for me and Gonta.
"Is Gonta dreaming..?" Gonta asked, obviously still shocked.
"Nope, I'm right here. I'm still with you." I held out my arms, signaling a hug. Gonta wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight. I could hear his sobs as he held me. "H-Hey, don't start crying on me. You're gonna make me cry as well.."
"But Gonta was so worried. What if Gonta lost Petal completely?" Gonta cried. He pulled away from the hug and placed his hand on my cheek. "Why did Petal do that?"
"Because I didn't want you getting hurt! You didn't deserve to die. I just wanted you to survive, no matter if I was there or not. If I die then you need to survive for me! For your Petal..." I grabbed Gonta's hand and held it tightly, tears starting to stream from my eyes.
"Gonta will do anything for Petal, anything..." Gonta pulled me closer to him. Gently, I pressed my lips against his. He leaned in just a little, returning the kiss.

Fortunately, that wasn't the last time we kissed. We were able to escape. Well, atleast some of us were able to escape. Kokichi became a victim while Kaito was the murderer, Tsumugi was the mastermind behind the whole game, and Kiibo sacrificed himself to help us escape. It was all heartbreaking but after out escape, we lived the rest of our lives as friends. But, of course, me and Gonta got together. It was a terrible journey but in the end...

I was still his Petal.