002.

A NEW FRIEND

He looked around

He looked around. "What are you doing here?"
"Well, I was hiding in the wardrobe in the spare room, and-" Lucy's explanation was cut short.
"Spare Oom? Is that in Narnia?" he asked her.
"Narnia? What's that?" Lucy wondered aloud.
The faun chuckled. "Well, dear girl, you're in it!" he explained excitedly. "Everything from the lamp post, all the way to Castle Cair Paravel on the Eastern Ocean. Every stick and stone you see, every icicle is Narnia."
Lucy looked over and saw a beautiful snowy town.
"This is an awfully big wardrobe," Lucy muttered to herself.
"War Drobe? I'm sorry, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tumnus." the faun explained.
"Pleased to meet you Mr. Tumnus. I'm Lucy Pevensie." The young girl extended her hand with a smile. Tumnus looked at it curiously.
"Oh, you shake it," Lucy explains.
"W-why." Mr. Tumnus stammered.
"I-I don't know," Lucy said looking up at the faun. "People do it when they meet each other."
Tumnus chuckled and took her hand in his. However, he actually shook it. Lucy corrected him and laughed.
"Well then, Lucy Pevensie from the shining city of War Drobe in the wondrous land of Spare Oom, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?" he asks with a smile. His eyebrows shot up for only a second.

"Well, thank you very much but I," Lucy trailed off looking back to the cracked door of the wardrobe

"Well, thank you very much but I," Lucy trailed off looking back to the cracked door of the wardrobe. "I probably should be getting back."
"It's only just around the corner. And there'll be a glorious fire with lots of tea and cakes. And, perhaps, we'll even break into the sardines." he pleaded.
"I don't know," Lucy said sadly.
"Come on, it's not every day that I get to make a new friend." he sighed with sad eyes.
Lucy bent down and picked up his last parcel from the ground. "Well, I suppose I could come for a little while." She walked to his side and looped her arm through his. "If you have sardines."
"By the bucketload." He told her with a smile. He looked around and they began walking.