011.

GOODBYE, MY FRIEND

Night turned to morning and the two Pevensie girls walked to the Stone Table

Night turned to morning and the two Pevensie girls walked to the Stone Table. They sat next to Aslan, tears streaming their faces. Lucy pulled out her potion and began to open it.
"It's too late." Susan's voice was scratchy from crying. "He's gone."
Lucy looked at Susan. "He must have known what he was doing," Susan said. Lucy laid her head in what was left of his mane and petted his nose. Susan and Lucy couldn't hold back their tears any longer, and they both sobbed onto their friend. Mice began to run up to Aslan.
"Get away! Get away, all of you!" Susan shoed the mice.
"No, look," Lucy said. The mice were chewing the ties off of Aslan. Susan and Lucy helped.
"We have to tell the others," Susan stated.
"We can't just leave him." Lucy pleaded.
"Lucy, there's no time. They need to know." Susan explained. Lucy looked into the forest. "The trees."

Leaves rustled through the forest making their way to Alan's How. They flew into the tent that held Peter, Edmund, and Emma. The noise woke Pevensie twins. Peter grabbed his sword, while Emma notched an arrow in her bow and held it up.
Edmund awoke at the commotion and sat up. The leaves came together to form a young lady.
"Be still, My princes, and Knight. I bring grave news from your sisters." She explained. Peter and Emma lowered their weapons and glanced at each other.

Most of the Narnians had awoken and were walking around. Peter walked out of Alan's tent. Oreius, Emma, and Edmund were waiting outside.
"She's right." Peter sighed as he walked up. "He's gone."
Edmund glanced to Oreius for just a second. "Then you'll have to lead us," he said. Peter looked at his brother skeptically. "Peter, there's an army out there and it's ready to follow you."
"I can't!" Peter protested.
"Aslan believed you could." Edmund defended.
"And so do I," Emma spoke for she and Edmund. Peter looked at his two siblings and nodded.
"The Witch's army is nearing, sire. What are your orders?" Oreius asked. Peter sighed and looked at the map.

A griffin flew overhead and found its place among the Narnians.
Peter sat on his unicorn with Oreius and Emma on either side of him.
"You know, I gotta say, Peter, you look rather manly on that unicorn." Emma laughed.

Edmund stood on a cliff overhead with more Narnians.
"They come, Your Highness." The griffin panted. "In numbers and weapons far greater than our own."
"Numbers do not win a battle." Emma pointed out.
"No, but I bet they help." Peter sighed.

On the other side of the open field, was the Witch and her army. The Witch rode upon a chariot with two polar bears pulling in the front. She wore Aslan's mane around her neck. And a gold helmet on her head.