Short Story 3

Two friends found themselves in a dilapidated water town, they were in a bridge with an open door beside them and they could see them doing something but they can only peeked inside and not see clearly as it's too foggy even if its bright.

They tried to go beyond the door and found five dark doors and a door with a strange light, inside is a strange man man wearing a triangle paper in his head smiling strangely in front of him. They immediately went back because it looks scary as hell.

They argued and one of them saw a girl wearing white just around the corner and stiffened. He said stuttering to his friend to take his phone and check the novels he read, "This is the part where a ghost would appear... Wuuu" he wanted to cry really bad.

They were really scared as they looked at the dark path and from time to time caught the girl around the corner waiting for them. They had no choice but to ask a man in the bright door, he seems like the safest to talk to here.

They pushed each other to ask the man near the door inside, "Bro, how to get out of here? "He asked.

The man they asked didn't answer their question and said, "You can choose a door to leave. It's fine. "

Again, two looked at the dark doors and was shocked as they turned back to looked at the man. Before, the man looked pale but now he has a frightened looked on his face and stand up loudly. The people inside didn't even react.

The man walks out of the room and past beside them, they saw him walking near a pump and the girl is just f*cking just behind him.

The two stiffened as they don't dare to look aside from the man as they talked, their bodies stiffened from anxiousness and scared that if they do something, the girl behind him would get them.

They were talking when suddenly the man suggest that they should help them wash the clothes, he pointed to a dark place where the girl in white was positioned just a while ago.

They looked at the man and at the place, they wanted to curse but smile and go to that place while holding one cloth. Why did they have to wash this one?

They have no choice but to agree and go but they can delay so they tried to some more clothes, when they came back the dark place has brighten. It was a bathroom with many stalls. This must be where they bath.

There's a bucket there with a few panties and suddenly a girl appeared smiling at them and take them to a stall to wash. They wasn't sure why a girl appeared but they have a bad premonition about this.

As they crouched and wash the clothes, the girl's head suddenly got near them but they couldn't see her face as they stare at the dark, long hair on the bucket.

"Why are you struggling?  You can stay here? "A voice unrecognizable whispered to them. They don't dare turned their head to look at the girl's appearance.

The man answered, scared but unswayed of the ghosts allurements.

"We can't, we have someone to care for. "This answer seems to anger the girl as a heavy pressure prevents them from leaving.

"You guys are too serious, don't you know not everyone here are born from this place. They, too, like you just came here and decided to stay.."The ghost whispered again, somehow the unrecognizable voice was deemed powerful and they can't resist. This voice make their heads mushy and it's the only thing they can hear. But the man struggled. He didn't know if his friend is alright but he has to escape to manage to save him and leave this place.

"You can live here peacefully..."

"I..."The ghost sense the man's struggle and poke him on his sides repeatedly. It seems to distract him from struggling but the man ignored it.

"I... I don't want such a life!!! " The man shouted and a deafening silence comes after. It was still dark and a loud beating of heartbeat was heard. The person realized that it was her own heartbeat and her eyes were just closed.

She opened her eyes and looked at the familiar room. She looked at them carefully and looked at the ceiling. She can't sleep. That was f*cking scary.

First she dream about research and now it escalated into a horror scene?

It was a cold winter and she grips her blanket while looking at the time, it's 3:06 am.

***

January 31, 2021
4:56 am