Short Story 2

Love Ends

@@@

It's been years ever since I've seen her lovely eyes, her smiles, her laughs, her everything...

The woman I love is sleeping so peacefully, still she's so beautiful.

I walked near her and get the chair beside her.

I hold her hands to warm them and kiss her soft fingers, oh how much I want to tell her that I love her.

I looked at her and watch her pale beautiful face in the hospital bed, I know that I'm too late but I can't take it. I can't imagine how suddenly it happened. How fast...

I smiled sadly to her sleeping state and whispered, "I love you so much, please wake up Love... "

Everyday I visit her room, I would whisper those words to her ears, hoping that she'd hear them even once.

I really hate myself to say the least, to hurt her so much back then... If I realize earlier that I love her so much then... Would we have a family now?

I sighed, even though I know that What If's is useless it's impossible to not hope that 'What If' right?

My love is in comatose because her heart isn't strong enough for her to live long, the doctors said that it's already amazing that she's alive till today.

I wished that I notice it sooner, how she would always drink her meds and how easily she gets tired... or how much I saw her struggling to breath...

That time...

I didn't care.

How could I? When I thought that she fooled my parents marry me. Now, I know I'm wrong.

And we're in this situation, you can surely imagine how our story goes. Damn cliche.

She loves me. I hurt her. This happened. And now, realization is too late.

Then after all the years that I've been with her, I realize that she's different. That she wants coffee over tea, that she wants to play in the sun, that she wants to have children, that she....

I laughed bitterly, my tears slowly forming in my eyes.

It's damn too late to realize it by then, there's no saving her anymore. If only... If only I..

I grasped her cold hands tighter, I don't want to let her go.

No, I can't let her go. Never.

I said it back then, when I know all of this secrets around her.

"If you won't wake up, My love I'll die with you..."

I'm a jerk, you see. Even though all I do is hurt you, you still love me dearly. My love is a fool in love, she just won't tell me that she's suffering because of me, It's that stupid kind of love that make others vomit you know?

Still, That stupid kind of love is all I want from you... That's why..
.
.
.
.
.
I smiled again, this time in relief.

I knew...

I knew this would happened.

@@@

The End

August 04 2017
9:55PM