Short Story 1

Title : You don't have to love me.

@@@

"I... I'm sorry... "

I smiled dryly, "It's fine..."I said then looked outside.

Its been raining hard since last week, I wonder if it will snow too?

"No... I... "He stopped then looked at me with dejected eyes.

I sighed, "Really, It's fine. You..."

He shakes his head before I finish what I'm going to say.

"Don't... I...I...I love you... "

I chuckled at his words then looked at him straight in his eyes, I said softly.

"You don't have to love me... "

@@@

I'm Phin, reincarnated as a villainess in an otome game I once played.

My real name is Phin Trial, I don't have a family and I think I live a very normal life before.

Well now, I'm Liliane Axcis Hearts. The villainess.

As far as I remember, Liliane died at EVERY ending in that otome game, I really have bad luck. I sighed.

So I stay far away from them, from the heroine, from the capture targets, from everything. I mean this is my second life, I still want to live peacefully at least.

But as expected, I still can't escape my fate.

In the end, I'm here again.

I looked up at them and smiled wryly, "I didn't do it."

They just snickered at me, I was accused of a crime I didn't do. Of course,as a villainess, I'm fated to destruction. All my beloved friends left me even him..

I laughed as my tears continue to flow, this always happen even in my previous life.

Am I not allowed to have a happy ending too?

Is this my fate?

F*ck that fate! I just want to live peacefully! I just want to have someone to love and to love me! Is that so wrong!?

I'm in the palace court, being judged for the crimes that I have never done. I was thrown into the prison after, broken and helpless.

I leaned in the dirty bloodied wall and look in the small window with bars, the only place where light comes from outside.

I'm going to die, right?

I sighed

I guess it's fine too, after all.

I'm tired, so so tired of all this.

I don't know how long I stayed in this place because as the days passed by, I felt myself getting weaker and weaker. I felt numb.

"Hey."

I lift my eyes to looked at my visitor and smiled sadly at him.

"Hi.." My voice sounds rough since they never send me food nor water, they really wanted me dead, I thought as I chuckled

That man...

I loved him you know?

I gave everything he wanted

I knew I'm a fool

It can't be helped since I became stupid when I love someone and this is always the end, being a fool.

He looked at me as he bit his lips, "It isn't my fault, it's yours..."

I smiled and said yes.

"I deserve to die, I know."

He flinched at what I said and silence envelopes us.

"I have a question..."I said and look at him straight in the eye

"W-What is it?"He said trembling and looks away, he clenched his fist as if trying to suppress something.

"Did you ever... Love me?"I asked him, smiling. Hoping for a little bit he would say yes, but..

"I... I'm sorry... "

I smiled dryly, "It's fine..."I said then looked outside, as I feel myself breaking and cold.

Its been raining hard since then, I wonder if it will snow too?

"No... I... "He stopped then looked at me with dejected eyes.

I sighed, "Really, It's fine. You..."

He shakes his head before I finish what I'm going to say. He seems to noticed that something is wrong with me.

"Don't... I...I...I love you... "

I chuckled at his empty words then looked at him straight in his eyes, I said softly.

"You don't have to love me... "

Slowly, I closed my eyes to accept the cold, the darkness. The last thing that I've heard was his anguish cry calling for me again and again..

@@@

The End

November 17, 2018
5:50PM