Part Five

"Sidney Prescott and (y/n) (l/n) both escaped a vicious attack last night but one of them is the daughter of Maurine Prescott, who was brutally murdered last year when convicted killer Cotton Weary broke into their home and savagely raped and tortured the deceased. Cotton Weary is currently awaiting an appeal for the death sentence, handed down after the young Sidney testified against him..." The reporter just went on and on through the tv screen. Tatum was rubbing Sid's arm as a sign of everything will be okay. I held Sid's hand to signify the same message, gently squeezing it so she knows she's not alone. "It's never going to stop is it?" She asked with a small chuckle.

As Dewey sat across from us he notified, "Billy was released."

Sidney's face faltered once she heard this, I think she's still afraid of it all. I on the other hand slouched back with a wave of relief.

"His celular bill was clean, he didn't make those calls," Dewey said as he sat back in the chair, "We're checking every celular account in the county. Any calls made to you two or Casey Becker are being cross referenced, it's going to take some time but we'll find 'em."

I squeezed Sid's hand again and Tatum lightly punched her arm. "Okay," was all Sid could really say right now.

"We've got this, Sis." I said to her with a small smile.

  I guess pulling up to school in a patrol car was cool? Kind of gave a real "Back off" vibe when we stepped on the school grounds. "Don't worry girls, it's school. You'll be safe here." Dewey reassured us...but if there's a possibility that the killer is another student, is it really all that safe? Reporters swarmed us once Sid and I were completely out of the car. One woman going as far as asking, "So how does it feel to be almost brutally butchered?" Seriously what thee fuck? Sid and Tatum walked ahead of me right as I was ready to hook it to another reporter like I did to Gale. Sadly enough though I was stopped by two pairs of arms holding me back while my legs went swinging.

"Let me at 'em!" I exclaimed to my mystery captors.

"Not a chance little Nancy Thompson," I could hear Randy's voice from my left.

"Yeah these reporters are worse than any Freddy Kruger!" And then there was Stu's cackle from the right.

"Fine screw it, I just don't want to see anymore of them haggling Sid again." I said as I slightly jumped out at the flock of reporters.

"Uh, where did Sid go anyways" I asked the two boys as I spun around. Finally seeing her talking to Weathers I tried to beeline but Stu held me back.

"Dude, (y/n) slow your roll. Syd's just talking to her," Stu said as he secured me against his chest. I did my best to hide the red embarrassment all over my face.

"Yeah probably fixing the mess you made last night," Randy said as he rolled my eyes.

His words struck something in me, I just calmed down and stopped fight Stu's hold, if anything I was holding myself now.

Stu punched Randy in the arm before said, "Way to go man."

"Wha- I-" Randy was about to pick his own fight with Stu again.

I beat them to it when I turned around still in Stu's grasp and said, "No he's right, what I did last night was reckless and now Sidney is the one who has to clean it up." I leaned my head on Stu's chest.

"C'mon (y/n), it wasn't that bad?" Randy backpedaled on his words to try and make me feel better but lets face it, when you punch someone on national tv... it's pretty bad.

  At our lockers we waited around for the bell to ring. "This is a mistake, we shouldn't be here," Sid said as she gathered her books. I'm honestly with her on that, it's a total scare fest in the halls today. "I want you to meet me right here after class, okay Sid?" Tatum addressed my step sister but left me out of the question. Peaking my head over my locker door I arched an eyebrow. "I'll walk you out of class Erin," Stu pipped in before looking at himself in a mirror. "Yeah okay Chicken Stew," I rolled my eyes, trying not to laugh at my own pun. I thought Stu would've laughed but before he could Sid said, "Hey I haven't really seen Billy around, is he really pissed?" What the fuck Sidney? I thought. "Oh after you branded him the Candyman? No, his heart's broken!" Stu exclaimed, earning a punch from Tatum. He said "ow" as Tatum said his name in a stern frustrated manner.
  Someone came running down the hall in what's now been dubbed the 'Ghostface' costume as they screamed bloody murder while jumping out at people. I let out a squeal before grabbing hold of Stu's tan and white over shirt. Feeling heat rise up to my face I quickly let go and lightly brushed out my hair to compose myself. Stu turned around and pinched my cheeks, "Awe is (y/n) scewed of da big bad boo-gy man?" I swatted his hands away while saying, "Given recent events, yeah obviously." Shuffling past Stu and over to Sid I notice his expression change for a split second for playful to envious. "Come on (y/n), you punched Gale Weathers on live news, I think you'll be fine if you get yelled at by a kid in a costume," Tatum said as she playfully rolled her eyes with a smirk. I couldn't take it anymore, whether it was the embarrassment, the fear, the secrets, or the regret. I just couldn't. I ran off from the group as both Tatum and Sid shouted after me.
  As I ran down the hall I bumped into another figure.