Part Seven

Before I knew it the party was coming to a slow and kids were leaving. It makes sense since it's like 8:45. Parents have gotten strict with curfew considering all the stuff that's been going on. Sid and I were standing at the front doorway with Stu.

"Tatum c'mon!" Sid shouted, really wanting to leave now.

"Nobody here but us chickens!" Someone shouted from the house, then they started klucking...?

"Do you know where she is" I asked Stu.

Looking around he says, "I haven't seen her anywhere," with a shrug.

Just as Sid and I were going to walk out Billy jumps in the door frame making some weird noise and scaring Sid in the process.

"Oh, Billy hey," She said with an uneasy expression.

"Billy, hmm what are you doing here?" Stu said looking in between the two and scratching his chin with his index finger.

...yeah, what is he doing here?

"Was hoping I could talk to Sid alone," Billy said, looking at both Stu and I.

Sid couldn't see it because her back was facing me but I had a slight hurt expression on my face.

"Ya know if Tatum sees you here, She'll draw blood," I tell Billy in a very agitated and frustrated tone. I was ready to grab Sid and just leave without Tatum, sorry.

Before I could do anything Stu grabbed me by the waist, locking my torso in when he said, "I'll tell you what, go up to my parents' room, ya' know you guys can talk," slamming his fist into his hand making my body move side to side a bit.

"Or whatever," Stu says again, drawing the word out.

"Stublty Stu, ya know you should look it up," Billy said, shying his head away to the side.

Sid looks at me, unsure of what to do. I think about it for a second but I know how much she cares for him...obviously. Though I don't know if he feels the same given the hallway incident.

I smile to her and nod.

Looking back at Billy she said, "No it's okay, we do need to talk," grabbing Billy's hand and leading him upstairs.

Billy was about to punch Stu before he saw me. He put down his fist and gave a guilted look.

Stu let me go once Randy came into the room and asked, "What's leatherface doing here?"

I doubt Bubba Sawyer would ever betray someone like that... how dare Randy make that comparison.

"Came to make up," Stu said in a tone that people usually use when they see a small puppy.

"There goes my chance with Sid, dammit," Randy said, stepping away from Stu and I.

"As if," Stu paused, "That's all I'm saying, as if."

Looking over at me Randy gave a confused look.

Shutting the door I cleared, "He's saying you never had a chance, Randy."

I tuned out to whatever Randy said next, I just had the intention of catching up with Stu. "What the fuck Stu?" I asked, tugging on his robe that looked just like the last one. "What?" He asked, feigning innocence like he didn't know what I meant. "Why would you and Billy do what you did hours ago then just switch up like that?" I asked, hurt but discrete about what I'm saying. You never know who might be listening. "Look we talked and he just decided not to," Stu said with a shrug and that ridiculous stupid grin that makes me want to punch. Wouldn't be the first time. "Just decided not to? After five months, really Stu?" I asked as I teared up, crossed my arms, and hung my head low. Stu hugged me and motioned to other people a bottle sign with his hands and then pointed down at me. "Look (y/n), I wasn't supposed to tell you this but the truth is...Billy just wanted to use you to get closer to Sid. I on the other hand am still free for the taking," Stu said as he crouched down to my level and held me by my upper arms. "No you're not, you still have a girlfriend," I laughed a little as I wiped the tears from my eyes. I looked to the side, I didn't really want to make eye contact with a liar right now. Stu shook his head and said, "Nah Tatum and I were talking in the garage and broke up," as he waved his wrist. "I still don't know Stu... I mean you two just broke up, if anything we should wait-" I was cut off from my sentence when Stu straightened up and hoisted me in the air before kissing me. Kids around us were cheering, whether it was for us or the girl who just got slashed on the screen, I wasn't sure. At least I think it was the screen? I just heard distant screaming, it totally could've been two other teenagers who were "talking" upstairs. "Stu what the fuck?" I asked as he placed me back down. "What I thought that's what you wanted?" He asked, putting his hands up in a 'I come in peace' sort of way. "Yeah but not like this..." I said as I crossed my arms. Stu grabbed one of my arms and twirled me around. "Look, I'm single, you're single, so let's just mingle." He chimed into my ear. I pushed him lightly as I rolled my eyes and gave a soft smile.

  Stu and I made up, now we're sitting on the couch with a group of people watching Halloween, one of my favorites and one of the iconics.

"Wait wait, here it comes!" A kid said at the scene of Bob opening the closet to reveal Michael.

Woes and 'no ways' could be heard from the group as they jumped back.

"Awe man the color of the blood is all wrong! Why did they do that, it's too red?" some kid shouted.

"They probably just used food dye and squibs like almost every other movie," I mumbled as I sat uncomfortably on Stu's lap. 

"Wait, here comes another!" Randy said as he placed his fist on a kid's knee.

"Oohs" and a loud "Yes!" could be heard from the group.

"Predictable, I knew he was gonna buy it." A kid said from behind the couch.

"How can you watch this shit over and over?" Another one said.

I was going to say something but Stu blurted out, "I wanna see breasts, I wanna see Jamie Lee's breasts. When do we see Jamie Lee's breasts?!" as he held out his hand.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Breasts? Not until Trading Places in 83, Jamie Lee was always-"

I interrupted by saying, "She's the final girl, you're not going to see that stuff from the heroine of the movie."

Randy furrowed his eyebrows at me before saying, "That's why she always outsmarted the killer when they chased her, only virgins can do that, don't you know the rules?"

"What rules?" Stu asked.

"Oh no, here he goes..." I groaned as I threw my head back.

"You-" Randy paused the tv, "Jesus christ, you don't know the rules?" He asked as he stood up and grabbed his beer.

"Have an aneurysm why dontcha?" Stu said as he looked up at the soon to be babbling buffoon.

"There are certain RULES that one must abide by to successfully survive a horror movie. For instance, number one; you can never have sex!" Randy zipped his arm to the right.

An uproar of booing came from the 'audience' of Randy's lecture. I just sunk lower into Stu's lap.

"Hey, no, big no no!" Randy shouted as everyone threw popcorn at him.

Stu said something I didn't quite understand then stuck his tongue out, how the fuck is it so long?

"Sex scenes yeah, okay rule number two; you can never drink or do drugs!" Randy stated as he pointed outward with an 'ok' symbol hand.

Everyone clinked their beer glasses together while I, once again, sunk lower into Stu's lap.

That was before Stu patted my leg, signaling me to get up. So I did.

A kid clicked bottles Randy as he said, "It's a sin, it's an extension of number one. And number three; never, ever, under any circumstances say 'I'll be right back, cause you won't be back."

"Getting another beer, you want one?" Stu asks Randy as he stands up straight.

"Yeah, sure," Randy says as he waves off Stu.

Stu screamed out, "I'll be right back!" Leaving the room with kids screeching and ooing,

"See you push the laws and you end up dead," said Randy as he held out his beer, "Okay I'll see you in the kitchen with a knife."

  After Stu came back with the beers everyone let out some sighs of relief and we continued watching the movie. "Were you scared?" Stu whispers in my ear. "Huh? Of what?" I asked, turning a little so I could still see the tv screen. "For me, were you scared I wouldn't come back alive?" Stu joked as he poked my side. "Yeah I was definitely scared. I was ready to start crying and hunt down your killer like the sorority girls in Black Christmas," I whispered as I kissed his cheek.
  It felt like minutes before Stu was walking people out of the house. I posted up on the kitchen counter just sitting and eating snacks. I decided I've watched enough horror for the night, which is so weird even for me to say. I think I more so couldn't take anymore of the kids' screaming and shouting every time something small happened. Stu came in briefly earlier to give me a kiss on the cheek as he went to get more beers. Currently I'm eating a piece of popcorn before I heard Randy say, "Listen up, they found Principal Himbry dead. He was gutted and hung from the goal post on the football field." That's enough popcorn for one night... A bunch of kids ran out the front door and were hitting the walls.