Epilogue

It's been what, about a year? I still have these bone chilling dreams about the boys. One minute we'll be close watching a movie like Friday the 13th, Pieces, Maniac, or even Sleepaway Camp. The next I'll hear the phone ring. Quickly I'll say, "I'll get it," and move myself off the couch leaving a space between the boys. The person on the line will say, "Hello (y/n), it's been a while," instantly I could recognize it as Ghostface. Looking back at the couch the boys would be gone, no trace of them ever there. "Who is this?" I'll ask, even though I know the answer all too well. I'd hear a laugh on the other line before being yanked back into someone's arms. Looking at who it is I'll be filled with dread just seeing the masked killer as they raise the knife over their head. Suddenly I'm being pulled away by a blood covered Billy saying, "We have to get help!" When I look back for the murderer we stop at a door...
Looking forward I'll see ghostface yet again but this time he's taking off the mask to reveal himself as Billy looking in my direction with that crazed Kubrick Stare. "We all go a little mad sometimes," he says before raising a gun that barely misses me. That's when I realize it's not me he's aiming for. The person he does shoot changes every time, for instance, it could be; Sidney, Tatum, Casey, Steve, or even Principal Himbry... but they say the same thing each time, "Save me (y/n)," before they bleed out on the floor. Next thing I knew both Billy and Stu come charging at me, tossing me to the ground. They'll hold me down as they run the Buck 120 all along my body. They shout nonsensical things in my face. And when one of them raises the knife above their head and plunge it into my body, everything just goes white.

"Hey, earth to (y/n)?" I hear Randy call me from the counter.

"Hm? What's up?" I asked, snapping my head in his direction leaving my thoughts behind.

"You've been staring at the shelf for almost fifteen minutes," He complains

"Guess there's just too good of a selection?" I said with a false smile and a shrug.

"Yeah sure, just up and pick a movie already," Randy said, rolling his eyes.

"Jeez did anyone ever tell you that patience is a virtue?" I laughed out as I snatch up a copy of Amityville Horror.

"Still staying away from slasher?" Randy asks, a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"Yeah, they just remind me too much of that night..." I said, look down and scratching my arm.

"Anyways...What are you and your dad gonna do tonight?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

"Hmm? Oh Neil just wanted to stay in and watch some movies, maybe order some pizza?"

"He adopted you over half a year ago, start calling him Dad for once!" Randy said, cackling at his own words.

"Yeah yeah whatever, see ya later!" I shouted as I left the store.

So much has happened since October of last year. The day after 'That Night' Neil told me he didn't want me or my mom to ever be scared again...so he married my mom and adopted me. None of us see it as replacing Sid, my father, or even Sid's mom, if anything we see it as a better way to remember them and keep them close to our hearts. The town held a mass memorial for all of the victims. The individual funerals were hell. I just wanted to say goodbye to my friends but there were reporters and news vans at every turn.
It's never been the same after I, not only lost Tatum and Sindey but also... Stu and Billy. I get it, I shouldn't have anywhere near a soft spot for those two but I do. I don't excuse anything they did because it tore apart almost everything that made me happy in the world. That doesn't mean I don't see why they did it. Billy was hurt and driven mentally insane once his mother abandoned him due to the affair. And Stu, oh god I can't imagine what Billy did to force him to participate in the killing spree with him. Does that excuse their actions? No. Do I still miss the boys they used to be? Absolutely yes.
I like to think that had they not run away on 'That Night' they would've been sentenced but also would've been able to get the psychiatric help they really needed.

"Neil, I'm home!" I shouted as I opened the door. No response.

Mom was out on a business trip so I already knew she wouldn't be home.

"Neil?" I called out again, suspicion rising in my voice. No response again.

"Are you here?" I asked, looking around the living room, the kitchen, upstairs in his room, Sid's room, my room, every room in the house.

"Neil?!" I called out again this time with frantic breathing and hot tears itching at my skin.

"Oh woah, woah, kiddo it's okay!" Neil came from around the corner running to me.

"I thought- I thought you were gone! That they took you! Where were you?!" I asked, clinging to his sleeves and he pulled me into a hug.

"Shh shh, I was in the garage working on the car Kiddo," He said as he rocked me back and forth.

"I already lost Sid and Tatum... I don't want to lose you too, Dad," I said as I thought back to how I found Sid and Tatum at Stu's house.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm okay, we're okay," He softly said, trying to calm me down.

"Ya know what, you got a letter on the counter, looks like it might be from a family member, go take a look," Neil said as he ruffled my hair.

Going downstairs I look on the kitchen counter, sure enough there's an envelope with neat and somewhat familiar handwriting. Huh no return address, I thought to myself. I'm careful not to rip the paper as I open the envelope. As I looked inside I saw a few polaroids and a folded paper inside. Taking the polaroids out ran my blood cold. One of them was a picture Mrs. Riley took of Sid, Tatum, and I from our final sleepover. The next was of our group at the fountain, all of us, but Sid and Tatum's faces were crossed out and small Ghostface stickers were placed over Billy and Stu's. The last two were pictures of me, Stu, and Billy on Stu's couch at one of our movie nights. Placing the pictures down I look at the paper... on the folded front said; To: (y/n), from: Yours Truly. The letter itself said;

Dear (y/n),
It's been a while. We've really missed you. How's your mom, oh and Neil? We just wanted to check in and let you know we're doing fine after you killed us. Or well, almost killed us. You're wondering how we're still alive, Right?
Well for starters, that knife? It was a retractable prop, a bit of a let down since you didn't actually get to stab Stu, right? Then that gun, we switched out Dwight's bullets for blanks while you ran to his car. Really explains how Randy lived. You most likely knew that already. Also when you kick someone against a coffee table, you should really check their pulse next time.
We hope you haven't gotten too comfortable thinking we're gone for good because trust us baby, we're not.

P.S. you should pick up the phone.

Sincerely,
Yours Truly

Just as I finished reading the letter I heard a ringing from the telephone in the lounge area where Sidney got the call the night we were attacked. Cautiously I walked over to it, fear in my chest making my heart race and my palms sweat. "Hello?" I asked, swallowing nothing out of pure nervousness.

"Hello, (y/n), miss me?" Asked an all too familiar raspy off pitched voice.

"Oh shit."