Chapter 25

Back at the Arena;
Dylan's POV;

I finally managed to get myself collected and presentable. I hadn't been able to control the fit of sobbing that had overtaken me when I got back in to the locker room. Sinking to the floor of the shower cubicle I had left the water running to ensure that I was left alone.

I wasn't the type of girl who let her feelings show, even with the people that I held close to me, I was always the strong one, never letting hardly any emotion show and it was the way I liked it.

But after all that had happened the past two days, it had seemed to pile heavier on my shoulders as I tried to push it down, to bury everything until tonight in the ring with Jeff. I had never felt so close to someone yet so far. There was no way that I could carry on like this. But at the same time I knew that I had to, if I wanted any resemblence of a career here at the WWE.

I just had to find a way to push all that I was feeling so far down that it could be ignored and suck it up, get down to business and ensure that Jeff and I were never alone with one another.

More images of the previous morning in my kitchen in LA seemed intent on torturing me though, everywhere I turned he seemed to be there, the faint trace of his Joop aftershave hung heavy in the air; seeping in to my body and festering until I was sure that I was losing all sense of sanity.

Pulling the locker door open, I stepped out in to the hallway intent on getting to the bar where my friends were, to cut loose and just have a good time.

"Dylan!"

"Adam, hey how's it goin'?" I asked turning to see the man in question striding towards me from the other side of the hallway.

"It's good. Congratulations on your win tonight," He said falling in to step with me.

"Awe thanks," I smiled up at him before going back to looking at my feet as we walked along the long hallway.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked stopping and touching my arm lightly; his attention focused solely on me.

"Nothing!" I smiled shaking my head free of all the things that I had been thinking of Jeff. I couldn't keep allowing this to happen. "I can imagine Hawkins and Ryder weren't too happy about getting beat up by a girl,"

"You'd be right," He chuckled as we began to move once again. "But why are you here so late...?"

"I was uhm...I was talking to Carmine," I lied avoiding the much taller mans eyes as they bore down on me. "What about you?"

"I just had some stuff to take care of," He replied smiling at me. "Come on Dylan, there is something bothering you...I am a good listener,"

"I have to go...I am meeting my friends at a bar in town, I'm already running late,"

"Oh, ok!" He said running his hands through his long blond hair and looking away from me.

"What's up?"

"I just thought that we could grab a drink and talk...you seem to be struggling with something and sometimes it is easier to talk to a stranger than to the people you are closest too,"

It was true, I did need to talk and as much as I loved my friends and my Family I hadn't told them about what had happened between Jeff and I, not when I didn't even understand how I could have let it happen. I just felt so ashamed about what I had done, I had literally cheated on my fiance.

"You know I think that you might be right, why don't we go back to the hotel and grab a drink in the bar; we can talk there?" I suggested.

Instantly the smile spread across his face as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.