Chapter 65

The end of September;
Narrator's POV;

On that night nine months ago; Bob had arrived at Dylan's beach front home twenty minutes after he had gotten the call from Jeff. The investigator had been sat in his home trying everything that he could to find a way to get to the famous star's stalker but the sleazy bastard had covered his tracks well. Bob had called in favours from the people that he had used to work with at Homeland Security and had been waiting for them to get back to him when he had received the call from his friend Corey Taylor to say that photos had been printed in one of America's most popular trashy tabloids.

Bob had been ecstatic at the news because it meant that the slippery little shit had left a paper trail, but when he had called the editor the man had been reluctant to meet with him but Bob was a man who was used to getting his way and if it meant that he had to play hardball then he would do it because not only was Corey Taylor an old friend of his Family but he had liked Dylan when he had met her; he could see the strain the whole thing had put on the woman.

The night that Dylan had received the text from a number that she didn't recognize had been the beginning of the end for the fanatic. Bob had worked many a stalker case and had known from experience that they always slipped up sooner or later. When he got to her home, he had put a trace on the number and gotten a billing address and two days later the man had been picked up and taken to the local police station.

Dylan and Jeff had gone to the station and watched as the man was questioned about his home which had been literally plastered from floor to ceiling with photos of Dylan; her friends cut out of the photos, Jeff's face all but scratched from the stills or his head replaced with the man who had been making Dylan's life hell.

However Dylan had no idea who the man was; she had never seen him before. It had been explained that it was a natural order to things; stalkers were normally someone that the victim had never met, someone who was normally on the outside looking in. However that didn't make it any easier for Dylan to understand or deal with, she requested that the man was given some form of help and had left it at that.

A week before Jim and Claire's wedding; Jeff and Dylan had to go to court to give their statements in his case, he showed no remorse; watching her with his beady little eyes he couldn't understand why she would do this to him, when he had done nothing but love her. Thankfully the jury had realized that he was a man who clearly needed help and he had been transported to a local asylum where he was placed in the high security section for his own safety.

Claire and Jim's wedding was a simple affair, friends and Family, secluded from view on the beach outside of Dylan's beach front home, declaring to love one another for the rest of their lives. Jim had watched his bride to be walking down the soft sand bare foot and couldn't believe that they had finally made it to this moment; everything that he had ever felt for her seemed to strengthen that day. The cream of her floor length skin tight satin like dress was a match in design to her bridesmaids, her long blood red hair; piled high on top of her head and curled in a seductive manner that he was more than certain she had managed to place him under some kind of spell.

Their love was expressed through words and looks, and their first kiss as man and wife; was received by a chorus of cheers and clapping from the people they had chosen to share their big day with them.

From that moment on they had been happy and content and were now expecting their first child.

Dylan had sold the beach front home after the wedding; selling it to the happy couple who had exchanged their vows out on the beach, they had decided to have it as a holiday home and were more than happy when they finally could call it their own.

Dylan had also sold her home in New York; moving her things to Jeff's new home in Cameron, they were happier than either of them could have hoped or dreamed of.

The day of Claire and Jim's wedding they had found out that they were expecting a baby; at just a few weeks pregnant, they decided to keep it to themselves for the time being both just happy that they had created something out of the amazing love that they shared.

Shannon and H's day came round much quicker after Jim and Claire's wedding. Everything was set up in the back of Matt's house; little fairy lights, beautiful white lilies were strapped to the chairs and the alter that had been built for them to stand under and their love was forever bonded when the priest said the words 'I present to you Mr & Mrs Moore'.

Shannon could still remember the moment that H walked out of Matt's house, dressed in an elegant white gown with a short white faux fur wrap that managed to keep the cold from her bare shoulders. Looking at her as she slowly moved down the makeshift aisle that had been built, he could see everything that he had ever wanted flashing at him, within reaching distance, all he had to do was reach out and grab it with both hands. H was his angel, his saviour and nothing would ever take that away from them.

Both he and H had decided on a simple wedding; no large speeches or dramatized vows; simple and straight to the point, which was pretty much the way the couple chose to live their lives, so it was more than fitting for them to celebrate their love in that way too.

Shannon although at first had been angry at the fact that his best friend and sister had been sneaking around behind everyone's backs, had finally come around when he could see the way they were happily building their live together and the fact that he was going to be an uncle seemed to melt his anger until all he felt was happy that they were happy.

And happy they were; so much so that it was almost sickening for their friends to watch, Dylan having come on in leaps and bounds, found it much easier to express herself with Jeff and saying I love you had become a daily occurrence for both.

Jeff had always been the one to have Dylan's heart and vice versa. Dylan had, at first, found it hard not to just let go and accept that Jeff supported everything about her life, from the career that she had chosen to the friends that she had and in the first couple of months of their exclusive relationship she had been forever apologizing about spending time with Corey.

Jeff had been patient with her; telling her that he didn't mind, that he knew being with her meant that he had to share her with Corey and he was ok with that, because deep down Jeff could see and feel the depth of his girlfriend's relationship with her best friend. Jeff liked Corey and he would never try to come in between what he and his girl shared.

For all they had been through they hadn't been able to get over one another, and now they were both safe and happy in the knowledge that they never would.

THE END!