Chapter 14

Katherine

Warm hands cupped my ass hauling me closer. I snuggled further into Oliver's chest enjoying his warmth. The previous day had been hectic, and I wanted the morning to spend with my mate. Oliver's hand's squeezed lightly, as his head burrowed further into my hair as he breathed in deeply.

"If you keep doing that we're never going to make it out of bed," I teased. Oliver laughed into my hair. His chest vibrating against me, the feeling alone was enough to excite me.

"That's always my goal, but I know you have to see Jace today," Oliver's voice was eerily calm. If I knew anything about wolves I know that they are territorial when it comes to their mates. It still wasn't sitting right with me, just how calm and okay he was with the situation. I lean up glancing at him and searching his eyes for even a hint of jealousy, nothing.

"Is something wrong?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Why are you so calm when it comes to Jace and me? Doesn't your wolf not like it?" Oliver's eyes shimmered with his wolf's presence.

"No, you're both my mates. I have no problem with you two spending time together," Oliver confirmed.

"The sparks..." Those sparks I had with Jace weren't just my imagination then.

"Yes, a side effect of the developing mate bond, when I run my hands over you," he trailed a finger down my arm. "What do you feel?"

"Bliss," I answered immediately, shivers broke out along my skin as he continued running his hands over me.

"What did you feel when he kissed you yesterday?"

"How did you-"

"I could taste you on his lips," Oliver grinned sexily. The thought of the two of them together was an intoxicating visual.

"What did you feel?" He asked once more.

"Bliss, like it was the first thing to feel right since I met you," Oliver kissed my forehead.

"I had the same feeling. I don't know-how, or why this is happening," Oliver drifted off seemingly disappearing into his mind. I lay my head against his bare chest and run my fingers over his skin. At the moment, I had so many questions, how is all of this even possible? I'll have to speak with my uncle soon to see if he has any information on any of this.

"Queen Day, you have a visitor," Anthony called from outside of the door.

"Let them in," I call back, making no move to leave the safety of my mate's arms. Oliver ran a finger over my shoulder eliciting tingles over my skin. I snuggled closer to him in an attempt to steal his warmth.

"What a lovely sight to behold," glancing up, I find Jace standing at the end of our bed, his eyes hungrily drinking us up. Oliver leaned up on his elbows pushing me up with him. They shared a heated look before Jace's eyes locked on my own. His eyes moved over my barely clothed form, causing my skin to heat. At the moment I had very little on, I had gotten used to sleeping in one of Oliver's t-shirts and nothing else. Although Oliver and I had not gone further, in a way I was hoping that I was tempting him into taking me sometime soon.

"Let me get ready," I mumbled as I slipped from under the covers, Oliver grabbed my wrist tugging me back to mesh my lips with his own. Oliver released me and slapped my ass as I moved towards the bathroom. Deep laughter from both men filled the room as I disappeared behind the bathroom door.

A quick shower later I'm dressed in a long red gown that touched the tips of my toes. My long black hair was tied back into a loose braid down my back exposing my neck and wings. I looked over myself once more before nodding and exiting the bathroom.