Chapter 1

"Queen Day, we will arrive in approximately twenty minutes." My driver and bodyguard, Anthony informed me.

"Thank you, Anthony." I responded without moving my eyes from the window. It was not often that we left the mountains, most cases only being with extreme danger affecting the area.

"Anthony, go over the information once more. I want to make sure I am not wasting my time." I sighed looking towards the front of the vehicle. Our eyes locked and I saw the amusement playing in them.

"The Alpha of the Golden Falls contacted us three weeks ago asking for assistance, this is our yearly meeting with the pack as we have an alliance with them. Alpha Jackson contacted us requesting a meeting in which we will be here for two weeks to assess the current situation, which is the possibility of pulling out of the alliance.." Anthony spoke clearly as his eyes never left the road.

"I wonder what the reason will be this time, you'd think that Jackson would have learned by now." I chuckled thinking about the weak man.

"Queen Day, are you sure you want to meet him? We may be walking into a trap. We've only brought Tiffany, Madelyn, and Oscar, do you think we will be enough to protect you on our own?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow. I rolled my eyes, becoming annoyed with his attitude.

"We will be fine." I simply stated and turned my attention back to the window. Anthony may be good at his job, but that does not mean he doesn't irritate me from time to time. Dragons don't have assigned mates, we choose who we want to mate with. Like many others in my kingdom, Anthony wants to be my mate which I have declined on multiple occasions. I did not need a mate at the current moment, I was only focused on protecting my people.

We arrived within their pack lands shortly after, it looked like a regular human neighborhood. Houses and shops lined the streets with people moving about their business. I admired how in sync the wolf community was, they were made to function in communities compared to other species. They worked in harmony to keep peace among themselves and their surrounding packs. We kept driving for a few more minutes before we arrived at a large building. The building looked like a master cabin with large wood oaks making up a majority of the structure. Large bushes lined the driveway all the way up to the cabin.

"We are here." Anthony parked the car and stepped out. I waited patiently for him to open my door, the car door clicked open revealing a grinning Madelyn. The cool air kissed my skin prompting my body to regulate its temperature.

Madelyn was the head of our defense team, and also my best friend. We basically grew up together since her parents served as part of the kingdoms security. Madelyn was aware of everything that went on around my kingdom, as well as my 'lack' of a love life. Madelyn was adorned in her royal army garments which consisted of a white robe that draped around her body and gladiator sandals. Her neat red hair hung down her shoulders and draped around her black horns that curled forward from the back of her skull. Her wings were  large and pulled close to her body, the deep black contrasting with her porcelain skin.

"Anthony looks pissed." She whispered with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the vehicle. I glanced over to where Anthony was standing with Tiffany and Oscar. Tiffany looked exactly like Madelyn, they were twins after all. The main difference between the two was that Tiffany preferred to keep her red hair short with a pixie cut, she mentioned something about not wanting her hair pulled in battle.

"He can stay pissed. I told him no." I shrugged. I let my wings stretch to their full size a good five feet apart which were a light brown with golden scales indicating my status. My hair was a long deep brown that touched the tip of my waist with accenting braids draping from my brown horns that curled loosely from my forehead down and around my ears.