Chapter 1

[ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ]

"How rare~ To think that Oyakata-sama would send three of us on a mission as simple as this~"

Kocho Shinobu found herself accompanied with her fellow comrades, Uzui Tengen and Rengoku Kyoujurou, while on the path to their destination.

The three of them had been given a special mission to scout a particular districts near the Red Light's own.

"Umu! For Oyakata-sama to send us there, I'm curious as to why!"

They only had been told that there has been an possible appearance of demons in that area.

Though it has not been confirm, Oyakata-sama had decided to send them three to investigate.

Uzui hummed along, "For demons to be lurking close to the Red Light District, they must be flamboyant fellows." He could only guess.

All three of them were dressed out of their uniforms. Reason being is that they had to blend in as much as they could, seeing that the district is crowded with civilians.

But of course, the main reason is to not alert those demons roaming around there.

Soon they finally reached the entrance of the district.

".... This is different." Uzui muttered. He had been here before, but somehow, the place feels more livelier then before.

"Is there something wrong?"  Shinobu asked, while Rengoku gave his fellow comrade a tilt of his head.

Because this district is near the Red Light's own, most of the people who lives here are mostly made up of the poor and sick.

And yet, instead of the usual people roaming around in quicken steps, or the homeless sitting randomly at each lane.

The entire district seems to be filled with newfound life.

Uzui swore that he could have mistaken this to be apart of the Red Light District itself.

"This is weird. I had been here before and it wasn't this flamboyant." Uzui finally replied, "If demons really lurks around here, this place would have been dead. Not prosper."

With cautious steps, they entered the crowds.

Unknown to them, they could no longer turn back.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

It took awhile but they had managed to gathered as much information they could on the major changes of the district.

One of which, is the establishment of a house called 'Port Mafia'.

That house had appeared a few months back, around the same time they had assumed the demons to have entered this district.

They stood at an entrance in an alleyway while they collect their final thoughts on the subject.

"Porto mafaar-?" The unfamiliar words left their lips with a sour taste. Rengoku tried to properly pronounce it but he ended up stabbing it too many times.

"It is called, Port-a Ma-fi-ah, Rengoku-san." Shinobu tries.

Meanwhile, Uzui thought of a possibility. Is the demons building a name here to lure people in?

If so, they did a heck of a good job.

The streets are all filled with people and stores. So much that the poor seemed to be a rare sight now in this town.