Chapter 1

-Peter-

Muffled sound of dropped bombs awoke me from my deep sleep, stumbling downstairs trying to wake myself up I hear my mother yell , "Edmund get away from there." Shutting the curtains, "Peter" she calls for me as I enter the room, "what do you think your doing" she scolds Edmund holding his shoulders firmly, "Peter, quickly,the shelter.Now!" She says in a panicked voice I immediately grab Edmund and try to pull him out of the house, "come on!" I say pulling him by his arm, "but..wait" he muffles as I continue to pull him away. "Come on, leave it!" I yell as he tries to reach back for something, why can't he understand we have to go. Mum follows behind retrieving some things we may need or care about.

-Susan-

"Mummy!" I heard Lucy's small voice yell, sprinting to my two younger sisters room, searching around for the small girl only to find her in her bed cupping her ears with her hands, "Lucy come on" I say with great fright only to discover that my baby sister was also in the room underneath a desk, "Leah come here, quickly" I say calmly trying not to frighten the girl, but she wouldn't go she was fear struck, "we must go, come on Leah" and the runs over both girls screeching when another loud bomb is dropped, I take Lucy's hand and place Leah on my hip as I run downstairs to meet my family...

-Peter-

"Come on, quickly" mum says as we exit our house, "run" I yell to my siblings as we all try make our way to the shelter, "mum" Lucy screams whilst running after our mother, Leah clutching on to her hand for dear life and Susan following closely behind them, "wait! Dad!" Edmund yells, changing direction and running back towards the house, "Ed!" I scream trying to grab him, "Edmund, no!" Mum yells and I turn to follow after him, "I'll get him" I shout going after my brother, "Peter come back" mum screams to me but I can't hear her I'm too focused on saving my stupid little brothers life.

"Ed, come here" I shout following him into the house, "Edmund get down" I pull him to the floor as a bomb goes off shattering the windows of our house, "come on you idiot,run!" I yell at him and drag him back outside to the bomb shelter shoving him on the bed. "Why can't you think of anyone but yourself , your so selfish! You could've got us killed" I scream at him letting all my frustration out not even comprehending the sniffles and cries coming from the little girl on the bed, "Stop it!" Mum yells and hugs my brother, "why can't you just do as your told?" I say in a much calmer tone, "that's enough, Peter" my mother scolds motioning to my baby sister curled up in the corner crying into her kneecaps whilst nobody comforts her, Lucy was with Susan, whilst she hid in the back by herself , I do worry about that girl, I make my way over there pulling her into my lap and playing with her hair until she falls asleep.