1)

please enjoy :)

written by :
ultra
and
maxxx

~

"and if you need anything you call me," my older brother Jason said with a sympathetic smile and a pat on the back. Jason reached over the bed of his truck and he handed me my last bag of clothes.

"I'm going to college not war" I snorted at his attempt to be sweet. "yeah but it's your first time in the city, it's gonna be difficult to get used to," he said furrowing his red eyebrows together.

"I'll manage JJ, now go mom is probably at home dealing with dad. you know she hasn't been feeling well lately" I told him ushering by his back towards the driver's side of the truck. 

"you stay safe now," he said stubbornly not ready to leave. he's been my best friend since before I could walk. we haven't been apart like than a week before so this would be weird at first.

"I'll try," I said with a smile and he gave me a side grin before nodding and entering the pickup truck. I stayed back as I watched him drive off.  grabbing one of my bags off the concrete and with the other, I grabbed two more.

taking out the slip I got earlier from the residence hall I look at the dorm hall and room number and hall.

"room 213" I read aloud before heading in that direction. more accurately I walked in the wrong direction.

a bunch of people was laughing and walking down the walkways.  maybe they could help. getting their attention was the hard part.

"excuse me," I called out and a few girls looked my way but kept walking.

"hey excuse me," I said to a taller boy but he ignored me as well. well, people are not like how they are in Riverdale that's for sure.

"wherein the fuck is Lipton hall?" I asked myself aloud as I furrowed my eyebrows down at the paper.

"it's on the other side of campus" I hear a women's voice say from behind. I turn on my heels and come face to face with a blonde girl around my age. her hair tied tight into a ponytail, she wore a nyu sweatshirt and grey joggers.

"seriously? all across campus?" I groaned out. I wouldn't have picked three bags of I knew it's this long of a walk.

"I'm messing with you," the girl smiled at me. she seemed nice.  "it's just up there I'll walk you?" the girl offered.

"if you don't mind," I said shyly tucking my red hair out of my face.

"it's all good I've headed there any way I live in the same hall" she waved it off and started to walk with me.

"I'm betty by the way" she introduced herself to me as e walked down the busy path

"I'm Cheryl," I said in a quiet tone. the rest of the walk was silent until we got to the building.

it was a huge tall city building that looked like it went on and on. "what floor are you on anything from 200 to 230 is on the second story" betty asked me as she put her hands in her sweatshirt before entering the building she hummed and continued.

"I'm on the second story so I was just asking," betty said sounding a little nervous herself.

"yeah, I believe I am." I smiled kindly. at least at had someone to talk to as of now. on the elevator up we exchanged numbers and social media. when the elevator opened we stood to the side.

some dorms were open and parents hugged their kids goodbye. others were shut and someone was playing music down the hall.

"Hey what's your room number? maybe I'll swoop by later and drop off a welcoming gift?" betty offered nicely " it'll be later because I have to swing by my boyfriends." she said kindly.