January 20, 1997

Dear Diary,

Good evening! Hehe...

First, I just want you to know that I am feeling better today... Thank you to my appa for treating me a date yesterday after I had my eye checkup. I really thought that I'll start wearing eyeglasses, but the doctor didn't advise to give me one. The doctor told me to wait in the lobby and my appa was left inside the clinic. Maybe she informed my appa that I should not stay too long at night, so I won't have headaches again. Hmmm, but I am really feeling better now... And yes, my appa brought me to a cinema after that. We watched a funny movie, and he bought a big caramel popcorn. Hehe, that's my fave flavor of popcorn!

Also, we went to church after we arrived home yesterday... Hays! I saw Bin and his eomma, then I was stunned when he approached me after the mass ended. Errr! I was really trying to avoid him! I don't want to keep seeing him because I really decided to move on... But then, he talked to me and kept asking if I will attend the freshmen's party to be held next week at our school gymnasium. Duhhh! For sure, he will still keep on clinging to his girlfriend... Why would he bother to know if I'll attend to the party or not? But... I really don't know if I should attend. Though I know it won't be a grand event... Should I go? What do you think, diary?

Anyway, I am so happy because when I arrived home earlier, my eomma excitely told me that Jisoo learned a new word today! I really giggled when I heard our baby calling me 'eonnie'. Aww!!! It was the cutest I have ever heard so far! Hehehe! Finally, she was able to learn that word... Also, my eomma said that she went to the market earlier because she bought new baking ingredients! Hehe. She said that we will bake a cake tomorrow in the afternoon after my class. I can't really wait, diary! I am so excited... I asked my appa if he can buy me a pink apron, but my eomma said that she will just make a handmade one for me... Awww!

By the way... I have a new favorite song, diary! Hehehe... You know the song "Why Is The Sky" by singer Lee Jihoon? Hehehe. The rhythm of the song feels so good! It makes me relax, though the lyrics is kinda sad... I have a fave line of the lyrics... It's the "I'm going crazy because I can't do anything. The tears that flowed the day you left, I will never hold you again." Aww! Hihihi... Yes, I can somehow relate to that part...

Well, let's not go beyond that topic! But, really, the song is so beautiful. I even immediately bought a cassette tape, so I can always play it in my Walkman... Hehehe! You should try listening to it, diary... Hehe!

Oh, you know what? I already opened the letter I received last Thursday. I decided to read it earlier, and I was so shocked that it's really a love letter. Oh, my god! I really didn't know what to react, diary. I felt different. Uhmmm... You know, it was my first time reading a letter like that... The letter was just short, but, uhmmm... I don't know, but it gives me chills. Haha! He said that he likes me and admire me, and he wants to know more about me! OMG! Like... Is this what it really feels like when someone confessed to you? Omo! I was really blushing when I read it.

Uhmm, also, I just found out that he's not my classmate or even someone from our School. Under his initials he puts "G.S of Daegu Hyehwa Boys' High School" Uhmmm, it's an All-Boys high school, and it's quite far away from our campus. I actually have no idea who he is. How come did he know me? Where did he see me? Hmmm... But as far as I can remember last year during our intramural, Bin's baseball team had a game with HBHS team... Oh, maybe he's one of the baseball players from their school? Oh, my god! I don't know... Also, I asked my classmates if they know who put the letter in my locker. For sure, he knows someone from my classmates and asked a favor to help him. Ahhrrr! I'm getting curious who he is... Hmmm, is it okay to be curious, right?

I was so shy earlier in our classroom when I asked my classmates about it because they kept teasing me that I have an admirer! Ehhhh! Then Minjung said that I should respond to his letter... But how will I give him my reply? And I also don't know what to say... Uhmmm, like... Ahh!!! I really don't know... Should I ask help from Minjung? Hehehe. I should, right? Maybe Minjung can help me since she already had an experience about this. She knew her boyfriend through a love letter as well... Oh, my! I'm not saying that I'm looking forward to having a boyfriend, diary... Please don't judge me. Hmm... Eottoke?

What if he'll ask to meet me? Omo... Am I getting too ahead about this? Ahrrg! I wasn't even able to focus during our class earlier because I kept thinking about the letter.

Ahrrg! Whatever... Goodnight, diary!

Love,
Yejin