Chapter three: punishment

* Rey

A/N: Please keep in mind that new characters will be introduced. There is always a possibility that Eva didn't even talk to her stalker yet but at the same time, she could've already talked to the stalker... Either way, please tell me all about your thoughts :)

Ps: I rewrote "the mafia's obsession", please check out the new version. If you like this story, you might like that one as well

Eva's POV:

It was eight o'clock in the evening, so all of us had to be in their rooms until we had to go to church in the next morning. As soon as I entered my room, I saw my roommate already laying in bed while reading a book as usual. Sometimes I felt like she only left the room to go to class. But she ended up having the best grades in this school, so she did something right.

"Did you already study for the upcoming math test?", she suddenly asked very hesitant and I looked at her very surprised. She hardly talked to me and when she did, she never was the one, who started the conversation. "I didn't yet. I mean the test is in a month. There is still plenty of time.", I replied and she put her book on her night stand while she sat up.

"Yes but when I look at your grades in math, you should take all the time you have.", she said very nervous and I sighed. I really wasn't good at math but that would probably never change, so why should I isolate myself in my room for an entire month just for one test? "I know my grades in math are bad especially comparing to yours but I value my social life. Math will never be my thing, so I rather accept it and live my life.", I said and she shook her head.

"You should really take better care of yourself Eva.", she said very bossy and now she really annoyed me. "Why do you care? You hardly talk to me.", I said. "Listen, I'm not good with talking but this doesn't mean I don't care about you. You're my roommate ever since your first day. If I didn't like your company, I would've asked for a different roommate just like I did all the time before you were here. You're the first roommate, I enjoy being around and I really don't like people.", she explained and I instanly felt guilty for attacking her.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know. What are you reading by the way?", I asked her to change the topic. Her eyes were instanly shining while she gave me her book. "It's a murder mystery thriller from Agatha Christie. It's so interesting to see how she even catches the best covered murder just by tiny mistakes, most people wouldn't even notice.", she explained and I gulped. I didn't like such dark stories.

"I think I prefer more light hearted stories. I wish my parents would send me some books to read.", I said and looked down while she had a pitiful expression on her face. "Have you ever asked the principle for a book to read?", she asked and I nodded. "Yes but she only gives me the bible and in the library aren't any fictional story books. There are only books for school.", I said.

"You can always borrow some of my books. Maybe you will enjoy darker themes, if you give it a try.", she said and smiled. This was the first time I ever saw her smile. "Thanks Cleo. We should go to bed now. Church is always very early in the morning and you know how angry the principle gets when people are late.", I said and she nodded before we changed into our night gowns.