04

•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The walk was short to the office, Beatrix was quiet as she listened to Tara and Riven talk about everything and anything. Neither seemed to be able to shut up around each other in her opinion, but the fairy would do what was necessary to get her job done and if that involved being around two chatty specialists then so be it.

"Miss Dowling takes 30 minutes for lunch," Riven paused in thought, "Her assistant, Callum, gets 15." The teenage boy had his hood pulled up as he fiddled with something on Miss Dowling's desk.

Beatrix wandered around the bookcases, turning to Riven with a flirty look, "Somebody's done this before."

"Don't boost his ego, he should've been caught ages ago." Tara gave Riven a look from where she stood by the window. Tara didn't mind coming along to their activities but wouldn't snoop around the woman's office. Riven ignored Tara's disapproving tone.

"That's why you came to me, right? A proper delinquent." Riven smirked and poured some whiskey into one of the glasses, "Uh- also, if you see a vape anywhere, Dowling took mine last year." Tara tried not to snicker at the memory, Riven had been absolutely furious, nonstop complaining to Sky and Tara for days. 

"A vape?" Beatrix questioned although she already knew the answer, "Every time you seem cool, you say something that ruins it." Tara laughed lightly at the other girls words, Riven ignored his fiends chuckles.

"It's still weed," he defended slightly embarrassed.

Beatrix briefly looked back from where she was looking at the books, "So smoke a joint."

"What you after, anyway? Test answers?" Riven sat in Miss Dowling's chair still nursing the glass of whiskey. Tara moved to sit just on the edge of the desk, both specialists looking at Beatrix awaiting her answer.

"Please. The tests they give now might as well be written in crayon. I'm looking for the shit they don't teach. The secrets." Power flickered off her fingers, looking like little lightning strikes as they flurried over the wooden shelves, "The history of this place is a lot darker than Dowling and the rest of the faculty want us to know." Beatrix smirked but the specialists didn't see the evil look in her eye as she eyed the bookcase where she now knew the door was. "I want that truth. Don't you?" The fairy spun around smiling at the seventeen year olds.

"So, wait, you're like some hot, fucked-up..." Riven trailed off unable to find the right words so Tara offered "history nerd?" Riven pointed to his best friend and nodded.

"Why?" Beatrix took slow steps over, "Is that a confusing archetype for you?" Pulling his feet off the mahogany wood desk so that he was sat up straighter the fairy smirked.

Riven wrapped his arms around the younger girls waist as she hooked her arms around his neck, "Not one bit."

Tara cleared her throat uncomfortably.