𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Only interestin' people get
stalked.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

TW: vision

Working for Gally is a miserable affair. He goes out of his way to give me the worst jobs, yet I don't complain, knowing full well that Gally will over exaggerate everything I do, and probably request that I go in the Slammer. Of course, something tells me that Newt or Alby wouldn't let that slide, but then again, Alby doesn't like me all that much. From what I can tell, anyway.

I'm in the middle of tying the ropes when I stop dead. The metallic scent of blood fills my nostrils.

Not again.

I grip onto the rope, as though it could ground me from the visions I know I'm about to see. My fingernails dig into the rope, sending shooting pains up my hands, reverberating through my entire body. I stare down at the rope between my hands and my whole body runs cold, my muscles tensing, not being able to see much except the familiar haunting flash of red. Blood trickles through the individual threads in the rope, like a slow, agonising waterfall. I stare through my clouded vision, and carry on tying the ropes, stumbling as I do so. The blood is seeping up to me even quicker now, the strings of blood racing towards my hands, tying them together in deep red bounds. The blood flows up my arms, tainting them in a deep red as I start to shake.

The blood wraps around my neck.

It squeezes what little life hasn't escaped the clutches of my fear, my panic heightening. My throat tightens and my hands tremble. My eyes squeeze shut.

"What's wrong with ya?" Gally questions, making my eyes fly open, frantically searching for the blood that is no longer there. It's gone. Let it go now.

"Nothing," I choke out as I let my throbbing heart subside.

"I'm serious, Greenie," Gally says, his voice much more gentle now. I stare at him, confused. Gally shakes his head abruptly and forces his eyebrows back into their signature frown. "If you've gone batshit or somethin' I'm gonna have to chuck ya in the Slammer, and I need more workers today. Slim it or get in the pit."

"I stop for one second and you call me batshit?" I retort immediately, the words flying off my tongue before I could even think about stopping them. I don't really care. It's not as if Gally's of any importance to me, anyway. "This place is weird."

"No," he says simply, malice absent from his voice. He stares at me. "Y'look like you've just seen a ghost."

"I just stopped for a second, Captain," I sneer at him, retying the knots I was working on to make a point. I don't look back up from my ropes, hoping that if I keep on staring at them I'll forget about the blood strangling me.

"Come off it," he snaps at me. "Get back to work."

His words ring in my head, a haunting melody replaying over and over — a broken record. What's wrong with ya? What is wrong with me? I thought the hallucinations would have stopped now that I'm well rested. Apparently not.

Obviously not.

"That's what I was already doing," I mumble underneath my breath.

The past couple of hours dragged on relentlessly, each passing moment making me more and more anticipated to finally go to lunch. All I know is that I don't want to be a Builder... at all. The thought of having to put up with those knuckle-heads every single say for the rest of my life is draining in itself. They're all muscle and no brain.