𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Friends don't keep secrets.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Dare," Clint says.

Minho jumps in immediately. "I dare ya to kiss the person in the circle ya find most attractive."

At his words, Newt immediately bristles next to me, his shoulders tensing at he stares at Clint, not with any malice, rather hesitation. His brows dip into a frown as Clint scans over us quickly, but he then relaxes as Clint's gaze falls on Jeff. A small smile replaces Newt's confusion as he watches the two of them — unable to take their eyes off each other.

"I'm not doin' that," Clint mutters, tearing his eyes from Jeff.

"It's either forfeit or truth," I say simply, shooting Jeff an amused glance which he returns with nothing short of a death stare.

"I'm not built for twenty laps 'round the Glade!"

"Pick truth then," Minho says.

Newt leans in closer to me, filling my senses with the scent of vanilla. I can feel myself blush as he whispers in my ear, "What are ya up to?"

Newt pretends not to see the shiver that runs through me, but quickly pulls back when he does. His eyes never leave mine, set alight by an orange flame, dancing and twirling in the deep brown. I raise my eyebrows at him. "You'll see."

Minho smirks. "Who d'ya find most attractive in the circle?"

"Shuck you," Clint growls. His eyes flick to Jeff and away again, but he then rolls his eyes and stand up. "Well, if I'm gonna do this I might as well get a kiss out of it."

In two smooth strides, Clint walks across to a surprised Jeff, cupping his neck and pulling him close to him before their lips come crashing down on each other. Minho jumps up and high fives me as we avert our eyes from the two, giving them some privacy. Newt covers Chuck's stunned eyes with a chuckle, and then slaps him playfully when Chuck tries to look again.

"We're amazing," Minho says proudly, brushing imaginary dirt off of his shirt.

"Right?"

"Get a room!" Frypan shouts, yet Clint and Jeff don't even notice. When they pull away, both blushing furiously, all of the Gladers cheer and hoot, making Jeff send Minho a glare and Clint shoot him a bright smile of thanks.

"I told ya," I say to Jeff, just quiet enough so no one else can hear.

Jeff's blush deepens. "Shut up."

Two hours pass by, two hours full of giggles and protests, embarrassment and hysterics. I laugh at Gally, who just got pranked by Minho on a dare from Chuck, the melodic sound ringing in my ears. Gally screamed at us for a good ten minutes before calming down and walking back to his friends. Newt was tied from a tree upside down for two minutes, and could barely stand upright when he got down. I had to have a fight with Minho, which I won surprisingly. Winston and Frypan staged an argument, which no one but a few people bought into since it was well known in the Glade we were playing truth or dare. I laugh as Chuck does a stupid dance around the fire. The harder I laugh, the easier I slip away, the campfire blurring, the faces morphing into blocks of colour, becoming completely unrecognisable. I'm alone. Again.