| 38 |

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT | 雨林

༻ CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT | 雨林

- 38 | ANIMAL CHALLENGE. 🪵
One last fluffy chapter before the
tournament :D leave a vote and
comment, this chapter was
hard AF to write...

I slowly walk towards the caged animal before me with light footsteps. A dragon, just like the one illustrated across my fan. It scatters around its box in the middle of the room, showing off its scales and fiery beard.

"So you're my dragon..."

I bend over and inch my face closer before gently tapping the glass box and chuckling at its size.

"You're... A lizard."

The bearded dragon sticks its tongue at me with her claws on the glass. I look down at my fan once more and turn it around to read what's on the back.

與動物結合. [Bond with your animal.]

Bond with it?

I slowly lower the fan and clear my throat awkwardly at the thought of talking to an animal. Nevertheless, my knees sink into the cushion with a shy smile.

"Um... I guess I should open up so you can get to know me, huh?"

The lizard sticks her tongue out again, nothing but silence filling the room. I place my hands on my lap and give a hopeless sigh. This is going to be a challenge...

JIMIN

Jimin's focus narrows into a squint when he notices the view across the field from a farmhouse. A majestic brown horse, standing perfectly while leashed to a wooden fence and helping itself to some hay.

Jimin gets close enough to stroke its velvet skin before tilting his head.

"Well hello. What are you doing out here?"

The horse exhales through its nostrils, giving Jimin a moment to turn to the farmhouse and answer his own question.

"Hm... You have a saddle so I assume I'm meant to ride you. Problem is, I don't know how." He sighs.

"Alright, uh... I'm just gonna untie this leash—"

The second the horse is free, she rear-kicks Jimin in the chest and trots off. Covered in dirt, the silver-haired fighter props up on his elbows before jumping on his feet and running after it.

"Hey! Get back here! This is NOT bonding!"

YEONJUN