| 03 |

CHAPTER THREE | 三番

— 03 | CHALLENGERS UNLOCKED

03 | CHALLENGERS UNLOCKED.
psst, last chapter I said 7 people
walked in but I'm changing it
to 4. ok, continue! :)

Our class of ten stares shamelessly at the group of students walking in. Sensei doesn't hesitate to bow welcomingly.

"Gōuken Dojo, welcome to San."

There's one girl and six guys, two of which are admittedly good-looking while the rest are your faded extras. One guy has small eyes and long locks that fall to his torso while the other is shorter in height, bearing full pouty lips and short silver hair.

"Hello, we are Gōuken." They bow in unison. Their voices snap me out of my trance before I awkwardly return the gesture.

It's not a shocker that they only have one girl, but what stands out about her is her shimmery blonde hair weaved into a single neat braid, vibrant blue eyes and doll-like fair skin. The group as a whole adorn matching black and grey attire, unlike here, where everyone wears their own comfy clothes of warmer tones.

"Before we begin practice, I want everyone to gather into a circle and introduce themselves. One by one, each student will reveal their name, age, and why they would like to win the competition."

Obeying, we all spread out across the mat while the new class lower their bags by the wall and join our circle.

"We'll begin with the new arrivals. Starting with you." Sensei Gen states. The guy with long dark hair stands up confidently.

"Hey everyone, I'm Hakyeon. 20 years old, and I'm here to win the tournament, because... It's me, so."

Man, what a charmer.

"Thank you Hakyeon. Yun? Yang?" Sensei asks.

The twins jump up before Yun places a hand on his chest. "Hey, I'm Yun and this is Yang—"

"Why do you get to go first?"

"Because I was born first—!" Yun hisses, shoving his brother's face before speaking fast. "ANYWAY, we're both 16 and here because we're passionate about martial arts."

Soon to stand is the foreign girl. She jumps up and waves to the class enthusiastically.

"Hello! I'm Cammy White! I'm 17 and um... I'm here because my parents spent a lot of money on these classes so they'll kill me if I waste it! But I love martial arts though!"